Dorking is in Surrey.
Dorking is a small market town in north-eastern Surrey surrounded by the Surrey Hills.
- Dorking Museum & Heritage Centre, 62 West Street, ☎ +44 1306 876591, e-mail: email@example.com. Thurs, Fri, Sat 10am–4pm. Dorking Museum & Heritage Centre re-opened in 2012 after extensive refurbishment. The Museum now provides a 21st century interactive and multi-sensory experience. There are things to touch, to listen to and smell, things to puzzle over and costumes to try on. Adult £2.00, Seniors & Under 18’s £1.00, Under 5’s Free, Family Ticket £4.50.
- Leith Hill, near Coldharbour village, ☎ +44 1306 712711, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Leith Hill is the highest point in Southeast England and is set within the Surrey Hills. Its gothic tower rises above the surrounding hills and from the top you can see views towards London in the north and the English Channel in the south. Access to the countryside on the estate is free for all..
- Box Hill, Tadworth, ☎ +44 1306 885502, e-mail: email@example.com. Forming part of the North Downs, Box Hill has views across the surrounding countryside. It's home to wildlife and plants too, including the Adonis blue butterfly and bee orchid.
- Mercure White Horse Hote, High Street, ☎ +44 20 7660-0685.
- Wotton House, Guilford Road, Dorking, ☎ +44 1306 730000, fax: +44 1306 737300, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 2pm, check-out: 11am. This hotel and event venue has 111 bedrooms, 38 meeting or event suites, a leisure club and restaurant. It's a ten minute drive from Dorking, on the road to Guildford. Originally the centre of the Wotton Estate and the seat of the Evelyn family, it was the birthplace in 1620 of diarist and landscape gardener John Evelyn, who built the first Italian Garden in England there. Its architectural features include distinctive terracotta decorations on brickwork, octagonal turrets and stacks, winged gryphons on the porch, and more. £89-139.