- Baileys Harbor
- Egg Harbor
- Ellison Bay
- Ephraim A small dry village on the Bay.
- Fish Creek
- Gills Rock
- Sister Bay Year round, family-friendly village in northern Door County.
- Southern Door
- Sturgeon Bay County seat
- Washington Island
- Kangaroo Lake
Located almost in the center of the peninsula, between the two shores, close to Baileys Harbor.
Considered the Cape Cod of the Midwest, Door County is situated on a peninsula on Lake Michigan and is a very popular destination for vacations. The peninsula offers a unique mix of leisure, recreation, and natural beauty. The culture has a rich history of the arts, with more than 80 cultural establishments within the county, including galleries, museums, and theatres. Many offer courses to enjoy while vacationing there. For the nature lovers, Door County offers five state parks, over 300 miles of shoreline, and more than a dozen conservation areas. The ten lighthouses on the peninsula are popular attractions to history and nautical buffs.
Door County's visitor information centers offer maps, brochures and other information for tourists.
- Door County Visitor Bureau, 1015 Green Bay Rd, Sturgeon Bay - The Visitor Center Lobby is open 24 Hours a day, 7 Days a week. The Visitor Center is staffed weekdays from 8:30 to 5:00 and week-ends from 10:00 to 4:00. Winter office hours: M-F 8:30 to 4:30 - PH 1-800-52-RELAX .
- Austin Straubel International Airport (GRB) in Green Bay.
- American Eagle
- Delta Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- United Express
- Cherryland Airport, SUE.
- Washington Island Landing Strip, 2P2.
- Gibraltar Airport (Landing Strip), 3D2, Ephraim.
Car is probably the only real practical way of getting around, but biking is great in the state parks and on Washington Island
- Peninsula State Park The state's third largest state park, Peninsula, like Door County, is itself on a small peninsula jutting into Green Bay. It offers much, including numerous campgrounds, an observation tower, beaches, steep bluffs, an amphitheater, and a golf course. The observation tower has knockout park views. Main entrance is through Fish Creek
- Eagle Bluff Lighthouse
Also located in Peninsula State Park. One of Door County's many lighthouses.
Washington Island is a must-do adventure! Get on the ferry at Northport Pier at the tip of the Door County Peninsula--It's $10 per person, and $24 for a car roundtrip. I recommend not taking a car, but once on the island, walk just a short distance to Annie's Rentals and rent mopeds (get there early before they sell out). They're $90/day, and well worth the splurge--best splurge we've made on vacation ever! Very easy to drive, even for someone who's never drove a motorcycle--if you can ride a bike, you can drive these. Spend the whole day driving around the island--very romantic and fun adventure!
Kayak Door County. Seeing Cave Point with a kayak is a real adventure! Door County Kayak Tours +1 920 868-1400 at 8442 Hwy 42 Fish Creek, WI 54212 to go on a Tour of Caves, Lighthouses, and Shipwrecks.
The Outpost has a great small venue atmosphere in a Log Building with all different kinds of music. Fred and Fuzzy's in Sister Bay on Tuesday nights hosts "The Nicks"Nick Steingart Project ...Don't miss it, great dancing with the sunset.
- Al Johnson's Restaurant, Sister Bay, Wisconsin. A Swedish restaurant and a connected gift shop. Tempting are the Swedish pancakes served with lingonberries, waffles piled high with strawberries and whipped cream, Swedish meatballs and Swedish fruit soup.
As an added attraction, the restaurant is housed in a building with a Scandinavian-style sod roof. Goats are on the roof from mid morning to late afternoon every day, "cutting the grass" and provide great photo opportunities. moderate.
- Wilson's Diner
A Door County tradition for over a century. A 50's style restaurant and soda fountain.
- Shipwrecked Brewpub
Door County's only microbrewery. It also had a restaurant and inn.
- Door County Confectionery
Another Door County Favorite. Sample some fudge, or purchase from a variety of candies. Several locations, but the original is in Ephraim.
- Drink Coffee, Sister Bay. 7AM. Coffee shop and cafe with homemade bakery and awesome cookies! Organic coffee and teas and wi-fi. It's definitely a place to catch up with the world while vacationing or watch it drift by sitting outside with a book.
- von Stiehl Winery (von stiehl winery), 115 Navarino St, Algoma, WI 54201 (From Green Bay: Take Hwy 54 east to Algoma. Continue straight on 54 until you reach the lake. Turn left at the stop sign (Intersection of Hwy 42 & 54) and drive about a block. Follow the Y intersection (Co S) to the right and continue on it until you reach Navarino Street. Turn right just before the bridge (on Navarino), the winery is on the left.), toll-free: +1-800-955-5208. 9AM to 5PM. Take a tour of the winery. Tours and tastings are offered May through October. The winery store is open year-round, seven days a week. Tour: $3.75.
- Rowleys Bay Resort, 1041 County Rd, Ellison Bay, ☎ +1 920 854-2385. Affordable Lake Michigan waterfront destination resort with Rowleys Bay Restaurant, Grandma's Swedish Bakery, Rowley's Pub, pool, marina, and more. Boating, fishing, 100 acres of private hiking, cross-country skiing trails, Segway tours, zip-lining and kayaking tours. Only all you can eat fish boil buffet in Door County.
- Alpine Resort, ☎ +1 920 868-3000. Scenic Route G, Egg Harbor. Open since 1921, this resort is on the shoreline and has its own golf course. Both an inn and private cottages are available.
- Beachfront Inn at Bailey's Harbor, toll-free: +1-866-251-0750, e-mail: email@example.com. Hwy 57 P.O. Box 398, Baileys Harbor, WI 54202. Offers great rooms with views on Lake Michigan. Amenities include heated indoor pool, cable, high speed wireless internet. Pet friendly.
- High Point Inn, 10386 Water Street, ☎ +1 920 854-9773, fax: +1 920 854-9738. High Point Inn offers 1, 2 and 3 bedroom resort suites at discount prices.
- Nordic Lodge, 2721 Hwy 42, Sister Bay, toll-free: +1-866-854-5432, fax: +1 920 854-5974. Nordic Lodge has 33 rooms and one deluxe suite, all non-smoking. Amenities include free wireless internet, complimentary breakfast, indoor pool/whirlpool.
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort, 4303 Bayshore Dr, toll-free: +1-800-440-4057, fax: +1 920 746-9890. Beautiful lodging in Sturgeon Bay.
Door County offers campers a choice of 5 state parks.
- Rock Island State Park
- Newport State Park
- Potawatomi State Park
- Whitefish Dunes
- Ahnapee State Trail
Bike off of the Highway on the inner roads of the peninsula.
- The city of Green Bay has numerous sightseeing options, like the National Railway Museum and Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame