Dolores is a town in south-central Petén.
- Ixkun. An unrestored Maya ruin a few miles outside town, with several sculpted stelae, including the tallest in Petén.
- Museo Regional del Surest de Petén. Archaeological museum with a nice collection of Maya ceramics and sculpture from southern Petén.
- El Chal. An unrestored Maya ruin just off the road to Flores, with forest-covered pyramids, and a number of badly-damaged sculpted monuments.
- Flores, the departmental capital, is straight up the highway to the north, with plenty of buses from the town entrance.
- Río Dulce is to the south, with a biosphere reserve and colonial fort. Again, plenty of buses pass southwards en route to Guatemala City, and also pass Río Dulce.