To reach Deva from Arad take E 68.
You can reach almost all of the objectives on foot.
Rent a car
- Astral Taxi, ☎ +40254 234-567.
- Taxi Onix, ☎ +40730 036-545.
- City Taxi, ☎ +40254 211-111.
- Fulger Taxi, ☎ +40254 222-953.
- Euro Taxi, ☎ +40254 223-344.
- Fly Taxi, ☎ +40254 228-899.
- Fortress of Deva (Cetatea Devei). 08:00 - 20:00. Deva Fortress was built in the mid-thirteenth century at the top of the Fortress Hill, on the place of a Dacian settlement and is mentioned in a document known as Castrum Deva. Worked as a military fortress until 1687 when it was occupied by Austrian troops for the second time. The fortress was a time in possession: Hunedorestilor Family, Francis Gesthy, princes of Transylvania (Gabriel Bethlem, Stefan Bethlem, Gh Rakokzi I, A. Barcsay). The walls of the fortress were besieged often of peasant uprisings culminating with the siege in 1784 during the rebellion of Horia, Cloșca and Crișan. At the end of the 13th century,the fortress has lost strategic importance and was left in decay until 1817 when it was restored by Emperor Francisc I. During the Revolution of 1848, the fortress was occupied by Austrian soldiers and was destroyed in an explosion of the guns store. Over the years, the fortress has undergone many repairs and changes. Fortress complex consists of a central building on top of the hill and the three chambers equipped with gates and reinforced with defensive towers. The walls that can be seen now belong 15th-17th century. You can reach the Fortress on foot by climbing the 113 stepts from the city park and then following one of the two alleys which are surrounding the fortress hill. The fortress can be reached also by cable car. The cable car eases access of tourists to the Fortress 10 RON.
- Museum of Dacian and Roman Civilisation (Muzeul Civilizației Dacice și Romane). 09:00 - 21:00. It is the Hunedoara County Museum.It houses reliefs from Ulpia Traiana and Micia, forge, bronze pieces, costumes, tools, weaving, ceramics, glass icons. The museum is housed by a historical monument building, the Magna Curia, residence of a Transylvanian prince from 16th century, made in the Renaissance style. In 1621 was in the possession of prince Bethley and the building underwnt Baroque changes. On the front wall there is a solar clock.
- Printing Museum (Muzeul Tipografiei). A museum less known even among Deva city residents. It is arranged in the entrance hall in Deva typography. All items displayed are still running and most were in operation until 1990.
- Old Orthodox Church Tower. Declared a historic monument, the tower is the only portion left around from an old church built in 1640. The church burned in a fire, and the tower was rebuilt in 1727. After Magna Curia Castle and the Fortress, the tower is the third oldest building in Deva. In front of the tower there is a stone inscription written in Cyrillic letters.
- Franciscan Monastery, Str. Progresului nr.14. It was built in the eighteenth century by the Bulgarian Catholic colonists brought in Deva by Deva fortress commander, General Steinville. It is built in Baroque style, from stone and brick, with interior decoration in relief and statues belonging to the late baroque. It was partially restored.In this Roman Catholic monastery works in the present Saint Francis Foundation.
- Saint Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral. It was built in 1861 by the initiative of Metropolitan of Transylvania,Andrei Saguna. During 1927-1930 it was renovated and painted in the Byzantine-Roman style. Inside, there are some icons from the 17th century.The old painting of the church has been executed between 1929-1931 by painter Alexandru Pop, director of bellearts Cluj-Napoca. The iconostasis is carved in oak and was executed by the Trades School in Deva in 1940. The three bells were cast in material of war at the expense of the family Dr. Petru Groza. The cathedral was made with asbestos roof and tower and cupolas from metal sheet. The exterior is decorated with cross shaped reliefs. In the yard of the cathedral was erected the Heroes Monument.
- Annunciation Orthodox Cathedral, Liberty Av.. It was built between 1936-1939 by project of architect Neugebaer. It is on Liberty Avenue.
- Saint Anthony Roman-Catholic Church. It was built between 1936-1938 by plans of architect Neugebaer in Ceangăi district.
- Reformed Church. It was built in the early twentieth century in the old Reformed Church area,built in the fourteenth century and demolished in 1899. The old church originally belonged to Greek and then Roman Catholic worship, it became Reformed after 1545. Built of red brick, has a clock tower.
- Synagogue. The synagogue was built in the nineteenth century, probably around the year 1897 as shown in an inscription located on the steps of one of the stairs, after the project architect Ignatius Mahler. Between 1905-1907 was rebuilt in the form in which exists today. It was renovated in 2003-2004 with funds allocated by the City Deva. Vedel Shamuel is the oldest known rabbi in Deva. In 1939 there were approximately 900 Hebrew in Deva, but during the war, in 1941 the Jews of the work centers and rural workers were evacuated and most of them came to Deva. In 2005 there were 45 Hebrew in Deva. The synagogue is declared a historical monument.
- Bejan Forest. Situated at an altitude of 300-500 m is declared a nature reserve in 1940. On an area of 103 ha there are all species of oak that are found in Romania. On entering the forest there is a guest house, athletic fields and playgrounds for children.
- Statues and monuments of the city. Decebal's pedestrian statue situated in the City Park. Decebal's equestrian statue located in front of the House of Culture. Busts of martyrs Horia,Closca and Crisan placed in front of the Museum. Statue of emperor Trajan in Unirii Square. Statue of the poet Mihai Eminescu in City Park. Heroes Monument.
- Billa, Calea Zarandului, ☎ +40 254 234922. 08:00 - 22:00.
- Trident, Str. Mihai Eminescu, cartier Micro 15. 09:00 - 21:30.
- Spar, Str. Mihai Viteazu Nr. 2.
- Plus, Calea Zarandului, Nr. 108. 08:00 - 21:00.
- Real, Calea Zarandului nr. 87. 8.00 - 23.00.
- Carrefour Express, Bd. 22 Decembrie nr. 37, ☎ +40 254 235191. 08:00 - 22:00.
- Praktiker, Calea Zarandului nr. 85 A, ☎ +40 254 239120. 08:30 - 21:00.
- Profi, Eminescu FN, ☎ +40 726 784507. 08.00 - 21.00.
- Metro Cash & Carry, Str. Zarandului. 06.00 - 22.00.
- Maxxa Shopping Center, Str. M. Eminescu, la Nr. 93, ☎ +40 254 226522.
- Red Onion Brasserie, Unirii Square Nr.8, ☎ +40 354 113264.
- Capriccio, Str. Dorobanti Nr. 28, ☎ +40 254 229975.
- Dacians Wine Cellar, Str. I.L. Caragiale, nr.20, ☎ +40 723 432222.
- Go Food Real Deva, Calea Zarandului nr. 87, ☎ +40 740 777873.
- Venice Pizza, Bd. I. Maniu, nr. 6, ☎ +40 254 211114.
- Da Gregorio Pizza, Str. Marasti, Bl. D6, ☎ +40 788 336732.
- Play Pizza, Str. Mihai Eminescu, ☎ +40 254 224401.
- The Lounge Club Cafe, Str. Gheorghe Baritiu nr.1.
- John's Club Cafe, Str. Mihai Eminescu, nr.2, ☎ +40 254 233511. 10:00 - 04:00.
- Fischer's Pub, Unirii Square, nr.8. 08:00 - 04:00.
- Rock Blues Jazz, Unirii Square.
- Jolie Club Caffe, Str. 1 Decembrie.
- Dava, Victory Square.
- Club Collection, Piata Victoriei, nr.2.
- Koson Cafe, Str. 22 Decembrie.
- Arena, Str. Marasti.
- Supreme Club, B-dul Nicolae Balcescu, 12A.
- Cafe Roma, B-dul Nicolae Bu.
- Play, Str. Mihai Eminescu.
- Club Extaz, Str. Oituz.
- TNT, B-dul Decebal.
- Amigo Cafe, Victory Square.
- The Brick Pub, Unirii Square.
- Chic Cafe, Str. Avram Iancu, Bl. H1.
- Viena Cafe, Str. 1 Decembrie.
- Reno Club (firstname.lastname@example.org), Unirii Square, ☎ +40 745 770008.
- Xilai DHS Motel, Str. Sintuhalm, Nr.35 A- Sibiu, ☎ +40 254 236990. Rooms: 4 singles, 2 suites, 4 double.
Devices: special furniture from China. Facilities: cable TV, Internet, telephone, air conditioning,Chinese restaurant, bar, conference hall, parking. 43 - 82 Euro / day, breakfast included.
- Hotel Decebal, B-dul 1 Decembrie nr. 37A, ☎ +40 254 212413. Rooms: 36 rooms with 2 or 3 beds.
Location: near the park at the foot of the Citadel. Facilities: parking, rooms have telephone, TV, fridge. 120 USD - 240 USD.
- Hotel Deva (email@example.com), B-dul 22 Decembrie nr. 110, ☎ +40 254 211290. Rooms: 120 rooms with 2 or 3 beds and apartments.
Location: downtown Deva. Facilities: restaurant, summer terrace, bar, currency exchange.
- Hotel Sarmis, Str. Maresal Averescu nr. 7, ☎ +40 254 214730. Rooms: 102 rooms with 2 or 3 beds and apartments.
Location: downtown Deva. Facilities: restaurant, summer terrace, bar, currency exchange, telephone, TV. 172 USD - 225 USD.
- Hotel Oil Glat Exim 3 * (firstname.lastname@example.org), Calea Zarandului nr.1, ☎ +40 254 212821. Rooms: 20 apartments of 1, 2 beds.
Location: exit from Deva to Timisoara. Facilities: telephone, TV, air conditioning, Internet access, restaurant, mini bar, conference room. 45 EURO.
- Paradise Villa, Aleea Crisului nr. 1A, ☎ +40 254 220130. Rooms: 8 studios, apartments of 1-2 beds.
Location: in Micro15 near Trident. Facilities: telephone, refrigerator, TV, air conditioning. 35 - 45 EURO, breakfast included.
- Motel Alaska, DN7, Str. Santuhalm, ☎ +40 254 210997. Rooms: 7 doubles and singles
Location: out of Deva to Sibiu Facilities: air conditioning, TV satellite, hair dryer, minibar, room service, private parking, safe, fax, photocopier, Internet. 50 - 60 EURO, breakfast included.
- Hotel Wien (email@example.com), Str. Calea Zarandului 55, ☎ +40 254 233330. Rooms: 24 double and single.Location: Deva ring road, near the center.Facilities: 60 seat conference room equipped to maximum standards of IT, secure interior parking, fitness center, rooms with air conditioning, minibar, internet connection, cable TV. 65 - 75 Euro.
- Europe Villa, Str.Avram Iancu, ☎ +40 254 235586. Rooms: 3 doubles, 1 suite.
Location: central area, between Orthodox Cathedral and City Park. Facilities: minibar, cable TV, telephone, internet and fax, quiet area, access cards for customers. 250-400 RON.
Location: downtown Deva Facilities: air conditioning, satellite TV, hair-drier, mini bar, room service, private parking, safe, fax / photocopying, Internet, solarium 55 - 75 Euro.
- Nelux Internet Cafe, Strada A.Muresanu Bl.1, Sc.C, +40(744)789-215.