From eastbound VA-3/VA-33, stay on 33 (General Puller Highway), which will take you straight into the center of town.
Being as popular a stop as it is, Deltaville has a long host of boatyards and marinas offering dockage to visitors:
- Chesapeake Cove Marina, Route 1110 Broad Creek, +1 804 776-6855.
- Chesapeake Marine Railway, +1 804 776-9741.
- Deltaville Marina on Jackson Creek, Rt. 683, +1 804 776-9812.
- Deltaville Yachting Center on Broad Creek, +1 804 776-9898.
- Dozier's Regatta Point Yachting Center on Broad Creek, +1 804 776-8400.
- Fishing Bay Harbor Marina, +1 804 776-6800 .
- Norton's Marina Services on Broad Creek, +1 804 776-9211.
- Norview Marina on Broad Creek, +1 804 776-6463.
- Porpoise Cove Marina, +1 804 776-6629.
- Powell's Marina, +1 804 776-0081.
- Ruark Marinas, Inc., 1102 Fishing Bay Road, +1 804 776-9776, +1 804 776-6780.
- Schroeder Yacht Systems, relocated to Urbanna, VA 804-758-4228
- Stingray Point Marina on Broad Creek, +1 804 776-7272.
- Walden Brothers Marina, Broad Creek, +1 804 776-9440.
- Walter's Marina, +1 804 776-0970.
- Deltaville Maritime Museum and Holly Point Nature Park (Go through town on Route 33 and turn right opposite the Shell station).
- Get out on the water and enjoy beautiful skies and views..
Mostly, a visit to Deltaville is not about seeing the sights, it is about relaxing, and enjoying the waters of the Piankatank and the Chesapeake.
- Take sailing lessons., Norton's Marina.
- Get out on a fishing charter, day or even night. (Rates are reasonable on many 'head boats') (Inquire at Nauti Nell's or the Deltaville Maritime Museum, or stop at any marina).
- Picnic by the water.. Select picnic foods from J and W Seafood and head to Holly Point Nature Park. Some Saturday nights, there's live music.
- Participate in Family Boatbuilding Week in mid-July., Deltaville Maritime Museum. Build a Wright Skiff to race at the end of the week, and take home to enjoy ever after.
- Come for a regatta., Fishing Bay Yacht Club. The many events include Leukemia and Lymphoma Society annual regattas with the associated Art on Fishing Bay evening. In 2010, the Opti Nationals will be held here.
- Watch a minor league baseball game., Deltaville Ball Park (behind the DCA building on Route 33).
- Kayak.. Bring, rent or borrow kayaks and enjoy exploring Jackson Creek or the Piankatank.
- Enjoy the peace and quiet, fresh air and starry skies at a local bed and breakfast..
- Nauti Nell's (Marine Consignments and new nautically-themed gifts), 16507 General Puller Hwy (Route 33), ☎ +1 804 776-9811, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Usually 10 am - 5 pm.
- Latitudes (New treasures) (Route 33).
- Carter's Cottage (Household consignments) (Route 33 just past other businesses).
- Deltaville Man Cave (Route 33).
- Kaptain Krunch (Get a custom sign made, or have your new boat's name hand-lettered) (Inquire at Nauti Nell's).
- Boats! (New or brokered yachts, quality sailboats and power boats, cruisers, fishing boats: Deltaville is all about boating) (Many marinas are out at the end of Route 33, Sting Ray Point).
- Bella's Pizza, 16273 General Puller Hwy, ☎ +1 804 776-7750.
- Moo's, across the street from Bella's. Breakfast and Lunch.
- Taylor's, in the heart of town on Route 33.
- The Galley, also on Route 33.
- Toby's. Dinner.
- carry out from J and W Seafood, Route 33, ☎ +1 804 776-6400. Usually till 6 pm.
- Edentide Inn, 204 Bland Point Rd, ☎ +1 804 776-6915, e-mail: email@example.com. A B&B in a pretty old farmhouse overlooking the Piankatank River. Closed in December. $100-150.
- Heaven Scent Bed & Breakfast at Chick Cove Manor, 14180 General Puller Hwy, ☎ +1 804 832-6200. Small farmhouse B&B with pretty grounds, gardens. Great food, great comfort. Highspeed internet, wired and wi-fi. Now open year-round. $135-200.
|Routes through Deltaville|
|Richmond ← Jct ←||W E||→ END|