This is a calendar of events and festivals for the month of December.
Events in December
What is going on in:
- Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race: 26 December annually . begins at 1pm
- Midwinter Solstice: 21-23 December annually Stonehenge.
- Edinburgh's Hogmanay: 31 December annually Edinburgh.
Europe (and elsewhere)
several Christmas markets
National public holidays and religious dates in December
Date to be aware of when travelling.
- Christmas Day: 25 December annually . one of the biggest Christian holidays of the year. Although it has lost its religious significance for many, Christmas is still observed as a public holiday in most Western and Eastern countries, traditionally a day for families and friends to get together and exchange presents. Also the Christmas Eve, the 24th, is worth noting.
- Boxing Day: 26 December annually . a public holiday in many Commonwealth countries.
- New Year's Eve: 31 December annually .
- Eid il-Burbara (Saint Barbara's Day): 4 December Lebanon. very similar to Halloween
- King's Birthday: 5 December annually Thailand. is father's day, and a public holiday
- Day of Reconciliation: 16 December annually South Africa. Public holiday
- Human rights day: 10 December annually Namibia.
|Calendar of events and festivals|
|January | February | March | April | May | June|
|July | August | September | October | November | December|