Dawson is a very small town of 75 people in the Coteaus and Plains area of North Dakota.
- By car: about 50 miles east of Bismarck. Exit 208 south off I-94 on state route 3.
- Veterans Memorial Wall, ☎ +1 701 475-2256. Veterans memorial wall honoring 1,010 veterans from the Crimean War to the Gulf War. M60A3 tank on grounds. No admission charge.
- Slade National Wildlife Refuge (Two miles south of Dawson). A great destination for birders looking for waterfowl and nesting grassland birds.
- Lake Isabel (about 3 miles south of Dawson). Fishing pier. Pike and perch.
- Camp Grassick. Operated by the Elks of North Dakota, provides camp services for developmentally challenged children and adults.
Nearest public accommodations are in Steele.