South Dallas is part of Dallas.
- Dallas Aquarium at Fair Park. 9AM-4:30PM. See over 6,000 aquatic animals at this aquarium located on the state fairgrounds. Admission $4.
- Dallas Zoo, 650 South R.L. Thornton Freeway (I-35E), ☎ +1 214 670-8443. Over 8,000 animals can be seen at this 97-acre zoo in south Dallas.
- State Fair. In September and October, the State Fair is held at Dallas, vying with its Iowa counterpart for the title of the country's largest state fair. It takes place in Fair Park,which is a 277-acre city park that is just two miles east of downtown Dallas, and is held for 24 days every year starting in mid to late September. The fair is open from 10AM until 10PM. You can come to the fair by car and parking is $10 per car; alternatively, the DART transportation system provides a combination of monorail and bus service that is becoming increasingly popular. The ticket prices are $13 for general admission, $9 for kids under 48" tall, children 2 and under, seniors 60 and older are free; Kroger groceries sell advance tickets at a discounted price, including season tickets (worthwhile if you plan to go more than twice), and it's a good idea to check the paper to see if there are admission deals such as a discount when bringing donations of canned goods. At the State Fair, there are many entertainments and events for example, "Looney Tunes Hollywood Screen Test", "Budweiser Oktoberfest," "Backyard Circus", "Milking Parlor", "College Football" — be prepared for huge crowds the day that the University of Texas plays the University of Oklahoma — and "Hot Diggity Dog Shows." Local and state musical acts come to perform throughout the fair, and the arts and crafts building includes numerous attractive and interesting exhibits each year. Not only kids but also adults can enjoy the events. Don't miss the corndogs and the annual winner of the concessionaires' best new food item. The web site provides a daily schedule for the full run of the fair, helpful for choosing a day on which a particular group will be performing or avoiding the crowded days on which local school districts get free tickets for Fair Day.
- Cedar Crest Golf Course. One of the top two municipal golf courses in town.
- Bill's Records, 1317 S Lamar St, ☎ +1 214 421 1500. A vinyl-collector's dream, this Dallas institution is truly massive, packed with used vinyl from every era, with many imported and rare items as well as promotional items.
- Suburban Extended Stay, 4150 Independence Drive , Dallas, TX, US, 75237, ☎ +1 972 298-7014. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Offers an outdoor pool and on-site guest laundry facilities.