Oak Lawn and Cedar Springs is in Dallas.
- Hunky's Hamburgers, 4000 Cedar Springs Rd (Corner of Cedar Springs and Throckmorton), ☎ +1 214 522-1212. Very casual place, dressed up like a 50's diner. Prices are cheap and the burgers are big and tasty!
- Black Eyed Pea Restaurant, 3857 Cedar Springs Rd, ☎ +1 214-521-4580, toll-free: +1-877-632-5487 (delivery). Casual home style Southwestern cooking at its best. Special Tuesday after 5PM, buy one adult entree, one kids (up to twelve years old) meal free.
- Mardi Gras Cafe, 2720 N. Stemmons Frwy (I-35E, northbound service road north of Motor Street), ☎ +1 214-404-8425. New Cajun restaurant with plenty of lighted parking and a dedication to the blues. Aaron Burton acoustic jam Tuesday night, Hash Brown jam Wednesday night, KM Williams invitational acoustic jam Thursday night. Good food, plenty of paved parking. Located on the ground floor of the SOUTH tower (closest to the freeway) in the Stemmons Towers complex. Look for the awning.
- Nobu, 400 Crescent Ct, ☎ +1 214 252-7000. Excellent sushi.
- Cosmic Cafe, 2912 Oak Lawn Ave, ☎ +1 214 521-9195. Amazing vegetarian dishes, soups, salads, and sandwiches with a Mediterranean/Indian flare. Great funky atmosphere.
- Al Biernat's, 4217 Oaklawn Ave, ☎ +1 214 219-2201. From a pure meat standpoint, Al Biernat's is the best in Dallas (a place with no shortage of good meat). The lobster risotto is a must-have side dish.
- Mansion on Turtle Creek, 2821 Turtle Creek Blvd, ☎ +1 214 559-2100. 5-Star American/Southwestern restaurant with a 6-Star price. No tennis shoes, jeans or shorts.
- Nick & Sam's Steak and Fish House, 2305 Cedar Springs Rd, Suite 405, ☎ +1 214 871-7444. A great steakhouse with very good service, be sure not to miss the bone-in filet. Dark, romantic atmosphere. Dress code enforced. It also has a great bar scene for anyone over thirty that wants something a little more sophisticated.
- Old Warsaw, 2610 Maple Ave, ☎ +1 214 528-0037. 5-star French dining with a distinctly old-fashioned feel. A Dallas institution since 1948.
- Perry's, 2911 Routh, ☎ +1 214 871-9991. As with Nick & Sam's and Al Biernat's, Perry's serves top-quality steaks at a hefty price. The wine list at Perry's is especially impressive for those who like to ponder the mysteries of the grape.
A 2-block strip on Cedar Springs forms the center of gay nightlife in Dallas. Take a cab as the area is not safe late at night. Also, the police are on the lookout for intoxicated drivers.The farther one strays from the Cedar Springs strip, the more the neighborhood becomes merely "gay-friendly."
- JR's Bar and Grille, 3923 Cedar Springs. This 2-story bar is perhaps the center for gay life in Dallas.
- Station 4, 3911 Cedar Springs Rd. A very bustling gay dance club.
- Mickey's, 3851 Cedar Springs Rd, ☎ +1 214-219-6425. A popular video bar.
- Havana's Bar and Grille, 4006 Cedar Springs Rd, ☎ +1 214-526-9494. Gay bar which caters to the Latino crowd.