North Dallas is a district of Dallas.
- Texas High School Football. North Dallas offers great entertainment on Friday nights seen in few places in the country. High School football holds a special status in Texas, and this area is no different. Enjoy 20,000 plus fan atmospheres and exciting games in the area, check local highschools for game times and locations near zipcodes 75206, 75209, 75220, 75225, 75229, 75230, 75231, 75240, 75243, 75244, 75248, 75251, 75252, 75254, 75287
- The Texas State Fair. The biggest state fair in America boasts some of the craziest excitement and food creations around. Although the fair is not located in North Dallas, the area provides more moderately priced hotel stays outside of the city center, and provides plenty of transportation options.
- Dallas Kosher Chili Cook-Off, 10909 Hillcrest Rd, ☎ +1 214 691-3611. April 3, 10:30AM to 4PM. The Kosher Chili Cook-Off boasts hot chili and family fun. Hosted by the synagogue Tiferet Israel, this annual event is in its 18th year and draws 3-4 thousand people from the North Dallas area. This no profit event consists of numerous teams all competing for the best chili award. Admission is around five bucks and includes all the chili you can stomach.
- Galleria Mall, 13350 Dallas Parkway. The Dallas area's most prominent shopping mall has over 200 stores and restaurants, including an ice rink and the Westin Hotel. It is located at the intersection of Interstate 635 and the Dallas North Tollway.
- North Park Mall, 8687 N Central Expy, ☎ +1 214 363-5018. After completing a significant renovation and expansion in 2006, Northpark is the largest and generally regarded as the nicest shopping center in Texas. Expect to spend some money if you go there as it is filled with high-end stores and chains, though stores such as Dillards, which cater to the more budget conscious, still abound. Northpark contains much of the Nasher family's modern art collection, and is well worth a visit for art and architecture lovers.
- Valley View Mall, 13331 Preston Rd, ☎ +1 972-661-2939. Mon-Sat 10AM-9PM Sun 12AM-9PM. Valley View offers the shopping experience to a cash strapped-buyer. If one can't afford the more expensive Galleria or Northpark Malls, then the blue collar Valley View may be the answer. Moderate-budget stores like Sears, JCPenny, and Zales represent the style of the Mall. It also includes numerous salons, chain restaurants, and varied retail outlets. Valley View also holds an AMC movie theater, which, compared to Northpark's AMC, will provide more moderately priced tickets.
It should be noted that the densely packed area of restaurants on Belt Line Rd. continues on into the restaurant row of neighboring Addison.
- Amado's Mexican Cuisine, 5290 Belt Line Rd, ☎ +1 972-789-1711, +1 469-330-9700 (delivery). Mexican restaurant serving excellent Tex Mex and other menu selections of Mexican dishes. Full bar, patio seating, catering services, happy hour 3PM-7PM Monday thru Friday with complimentary appetizers at the bar. Two banquet rooms for private parties and celebrations. Sunday brunch can be habit-forming.
- Besa's Pizza & Pasta, 14856 Preston Rd, ☎ +1 972-233-7227, +1 469-330-9700 (delivery). Comfort food and comfortable prices. Some of the best Italian food in the metroplex.
- Genki Sushi & Steak, 14902 Preston Rd #512B, ☎ +1 972-788-2629, +1 469-330-9700 (delivery). M-F 11AM-2:30PM and 5PM-10:30PM, Sa-Su 11AM-2:30PM and 5PM-10:30PM. The newest Sushi bar in North Dallas and once you try the food, you'll never go anywhere else for Sushi. Their fish is extremely fresh and the portions are always generous. Features Rotating Sushi Bar, Live Lobster Special. Favorites include the Escobar Tartar, the Surf Clam Sashimi, the Ton-Katsu, the Hamachi Rolls [Yellowtail w Scallions], Spider Rolls, Bluefish and the Seared Tuna. The four-plate sushi special for lunch is only $9.99. House Special Rolls include the Cherry Blossom Roll and the Volcano Special Roll. Sip Sake on the Outdoor Patio.
- India Palace, 12817 Preston Rd (just north of I-620). Food and service are both excellent. The chicken tikka masala and kofta nawabi are recommended. $9-$15 per plate.
- Best Thai, 5959 Royal Ln, ☎ +1 214-373-8113. M-Sa 11AM-9PM Closed Sunday. Tucked away in the corner of the Preston Royal Shopping Center, Best Thai is a wonderful find for foodies looking for a so called 'hole in the wall'. Almost undetectable from the street, Best Thai offers authentic Thai cuisine at low-moderate prices. Upsides of the restaurant are friendly, very, very fast service, large portions, and quaint atmosphere. Rarely busy, the restaurant offers a chance for a private dinner with family or friends.
- Shanghai Restaurant, 12817 Preston Rd, ☎ +1 972-239-1400. M-Th, Su 11AM-9:30PM F-Sa 11AM-10PM. Shanghai is another great find for food lovers looking for authentic ethnic cuisine. Shanghai restaurant, located right off the LBJ highway, serves a blend of Americanized and authentic Chinese dishes, ranging from Sesame Chicken to Whole Fried Fish in Ginger Sauce. The ingredients and preparation are extremely fresh, and combining that with large portions and low prices makes Shanghai a very good option.
- Tupinamba, 12270 Inwood Rd, ☎ +1 972-991-8148.
- Cantina Laredo, 6025 Royal Ln, ☎ +1 214 750-9610. Cantina Laredo offers an array of Tex-Mex and authentic Mexican cuisine. Trendy Adobe-ispired architecture create a scenery appropriate for the many Spanish drinks served. The real highlight is the bar, which offers a host of imported tequilas and Mexican liquors. Great find for a quick, moderately priced cervesa and quesadilla.
- AmeriSuites Dallas/Near the Galleria, 5229 Spring Valley Rd (Two blocks from the Galleria Mall), ☎ +1 972 716-2001.
- AmeriSuites Dallas/Park Central, 12411 N Central Expressway, ☎ +1 972 458-1224.
- Crowne Plaza, 7800 Alpha Rd, ☎ +1 972-233-7600. An all-suite hotel that combines space, comfort and convenience with upscale amenities and a central location.
- DoubleTree - Campbell Center, 8250 North Central Expressway, ☎ +1 214-691-8700.
- Embassy Suites Dallas Park Central Area, 13131 North Central Expressway (Situated at the intersection of I-635 and the North Central Expressway), ☎ +1 972 234-3300.
- Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, 1590 LBJ Freeway (Near the Las Colinas Business District, 10 minutes from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport), ☎ +1 972 869-4300.
- Hotel ZaZa Dallas, 2332 Leonard St (Uptown Dallas). Boutique hotel that features concept suites, day spa, meeting facility, vacation packages, and fine dining.
- Westin Park Central, 12720 Merit Dr, ☎ +1 972-385-3000.
- Wyndham Garden Hotel - Dallas Park Central, 8051 LBJ Freeway.
- Wyndham North Dallas, 4801 LBJ Freeway (Near the Galleria Mall). A 14-floor high rise.
- Dallas Marriott Suites Market Center, 2493 North Stemmons Freeway, ☎ +1 214-905-0050.
- Embassy Suites Dallas Galleria, 14021 Noel Roard, ☎ +1 972-364-3640. All suite hotel. Free cooked to order breakfast daily and free eve reception with free drinks and snacks. Free shuttle in 3 miles radius of hotel including Dallas Galleria Mall.
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Dallas Lincoln Park, 8221 North Central Expressway (Near SMU, just off the US 75 North Central Expressway), ☎ +1 214 696-1555.
- InterContinental Dallas, 15201 Dallas Parkway, ☎ +1 972-386-6000.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas, 10001 North Central Expressway, ☎ +1 214-361-8200.
- Ramada Dallas, 8102 LBJ Freeway, ☎ +1 972-239-5275.