East Dallas is a district of Dallas.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. Located along the south banks of White Rock Lake.
- Tenison Park Golf Club. Has two 18-hole courses, Tenison Glen and Tenison Highlands.
- Good Records, 1808 Greenville Ave, ☎ +1 214-752-4663. One of the best music shops in Texas, with a wide selection of hard-to-find items. Frequently hosts in-store appearances and performances of national acts.
- Half-Price Books, 5803 E. Northwest Hwy, ☎ +1 214 379 8000. The flagship location of this second-hand book store has a phenomenal selection and is well worth a stop.
- Mockingbird Station. For urban-planning and real-estate types, this is a must-see: a premier example of transit-oriented development on the DART Rail line. A mixed-use area featuring loft apartments with retail and restaurants at the ground level, Mockingbird Station also boasts one of Dallas's best arthouse/independent cinema theaters, the Angelika. There is some nice shopping, including Victoria's Secret, and West Elm.
- Back Country Bar B Q, 6940 Greenville Ave, ☎ +1 214 696-6940. A favorite in Dallas as one of the best BBQ restaurants.
- Cafe Istanbul, 5450 W Lovers Ln, ☎ +1 214 902-0919. The only Turkish restaurant in Dallas, upscale but reasonably priced $25 per person. Try the Yogurtlu Kebab, dolma, and the Karisik Izgara.
- Campisi's, 5610 E Mockingbird Ln, ☎ +1 214 827 0355. The original location of the local Italian eatery chain, in business for over 65 years. The decor evokes something out of the Godfather, but the smells and flavors are tantalizing and the service is top notch.
- Cane Rosso, 2612 Commerce St (Just east of the 75, almost downtown.), ☎ +1 214 741-1188. Excellent Pizzas for main course and desert.
- Freebirds World Burrito, 5500 Greenville Ave, ☎ +1 214-265-9992. Moderate pricing for burritos of huge proportions, yet no trade-off in taste especially since you can customize it to your liking. Nice, sometimes loud atmosphere has the feel of a college student hang-out. Free Wi-Fi at most locations.
- La Calle Doce, 1925 Skillman Ave, ☎ +1 214 824-9900. Some of the best Mexican seafood food in town.
- Sushi House, 5619 W Lovers Ln, ☎ +1 214-350-2100, +1 469-330-9700 (delivery). House specials include tempura and spicy crab sushi – a tangle of sweet crabmeat reddened by chili oil laid over rice and bound tightly by seaweed. As well as the asparagus sushi - two stalks of asparagus quick-fried in tempura batter and fastened to a rice mound by a seaweed strip. The sushi-sashimi combo provides an easy-to-handle sampling selected by the chef. Prompt service in a small, cozy space.
Two-thirds of a mile east of Lower Greenville down La Vista Street is a small cluster of wine bars, pubs. Two-thirds of a mile further east down La Vista is a larger cluster of similar places in downtown Lakewood, heralded by the spire of the historic Lakewood Theater.
- Trinity Hall Pub (At Mockingbird Station). A laid back Irish pub.
- Balcony Club. On the second floor of the Lakewood Theater. Jazz and cocktails.
- The Purple Lantern International Hostel, 6635 E Lovers Ln (at Northwest Hwy), ☎ +1 214 329-9131. $28.