Crieff is a small town on the verge of the Scottish highlands. There's not much going on here, but there's one reason why you might want to plan a stop over here: The Famous Grouse Experience.
On foot. The distillery is just outside town.
- The Famous Grouse Experience, ☎ +44 1764 656565. This distillery produces the blended scotch whisky of the same name, as well as the Glenturret single malt. £5 pp for a pretty basic tour of the distillery.
- The distillery's shop. Somewhat of a tourist trap.
- The Shampan. A Bangladeshi restaurant, friendly service, excellent food, good value. Well worth a visit.
- The Gallery Restaurant. Traditional restaurant on Hill Street, just off the High Street. Tea-time special from 5PM–6.30PM.
- Crieff Hotel. Hotel on the High Street, serving from a varied menu in the lounge bar or restaurant. Real ale usually available.
- Level House Hotel, Comrie Road, ☎ +44 1764 652529. A very basic hotel with the average age of its guests over 40. But the people are friendly, the place is quiet. £55 for a double room.
- Crieff Hydro Hotel, Crieff Hydro, ☎ +44 1764 65 55 55. Also affectionately known as the "Pink Hotel". Fabulous family hotel with great outdoor pursuits for the active family.
- Commissioner Street Self Catering, 64 Commissioner Street, Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland, ☎ +44 1506 671549. A spacious selfcatering flat in the centre of Crieff, sleeps 6