Cottage Grove (Oregon)
Cottage Grove is a small town at the southern tip of the Willamette Valley near the confluence of the Coast Fork Willamette and Row rivers. It has a historic downtown area and is also known as the filming location of scenes in a few well-known films such as Animal House and The General.
By Plane: There's a small airport here. BYO airplane.
By Car: Easy access from I-5 or hwy 99. A more scenic drive from Eugene is via Loraine hwy.
- Bohemia Mining Days. Annual town festival celebrating Cottage Grove's mining history. (July)
- The Axe & Fiddle, 657 E Main St. A pub and music venue
- Dorena Lake: A reservoir not far from town is a popular place to spend summer afternoons.
- Bohemia Mountain: A ghost town about a half hour away. The road is unmaintained, a 4x4 vehicle is necessary to reach it.
- Covered Bridges: There are several picturesque historic covered bridges in the area.
|Routes through Cottage Grove|
|Eugene ← Creswell ←||N S||→ Roseburg → Medford|