Comox is a town in British Columbia. It is situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island, approximately 115Km north of Nanaimo. Together with the City of Courtenay and the Village of Cumberland, Comox lies in an area known as The Comox Valley situated between the Beaufort Range and Comox Glacier in the west, and the Strait of Georgia in the East.
- By Ferry Ferry service to Vancouver Island ( arriving in Nanaimo, 115Km south of Comox via highway #19) departs from Horseshoe Bay and Tswassen in the Vancouver area of the British Columbia mainland. Another route is to take the ferry service via the Sunshine Coast from Horseshoe Bay, and travel on highway #101 to Powell River, and from there board the ferry to Comox.
- By Air The Comox Valley Regional Airport (YQQ) accommodates flights from Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton.
- By Boat The newly expanded Comox Marina has all necessary services nearby, including transient moorage, hot showers, laundry facilities, pubs, restaurants, shopping, marine repair, supplies and service.
Looking North from a private beach in Comox
- Comox Valley Calendar of Events Festivals, Concerts, Sporting events
- Filberg Festival, 61 Filberg Rd, ☎ +1 250 334-9242. Comox. The Filberg Festival, an annual summer event on the grounds of the Filberg Lodge and Park in Comox, features juried arts and crafts displays, music and children's entertainment.
- Island Music Fest, at the Comox Valley Exhibition Grounds on Headquarters Rd, Courtenay, 1-888-898-8499 . With it's eccectic mix of roots and world music styles, this annual three day event has established itself as one of British Columbia's premier summer music festivals.
- (CVCM), Simms Park, Courtenay (5th Street and Comox Road), ☎ +1 250 218-6347. 9:30-3:30 Saturdays. The CVCM (Comox Valley Community Market) is an open air market at Simms Millennium Park in Courtenay. We're a family friendly event with live music, market service booths and local artisans and crafters. The CVCM vendors have a diverse offering from hand crafted jewelry, toys, wood items, soap, embroidery and textiles, hats, bags, yard art, stuff for kids and much more! May 30 - September 5, 2009 free.