Colville surrounds the intersection of State Highway 395 (the north/south main highway through town) and Rte 20 which heads generally east through the hills towards Tiger, going through part of the Colville National Forest. Arriving by private vehicle or bike is probably the easiest and most convenient.
The main business district of Colville isn't very large - a few blocks long at most, so park your car and walk. Lots of easy parking is available just off Main St.
- Little Pend Oreille National Wildlife Refuge (a dozen miles southeast of Colville).
- Crystal Falls State Park (14 miles east of Colville, on the south side of SR 20). (Strangely, this park is mentioned by some travel guides, but isn't mentioned in the Washington State Parks website.)
All of the essential retail outlets are available for travelers to resupply with at least several good sized grocery stores, a couple of thrift stores and auto parts outlets.
- Rancho Chico, 151 N Main. good, reasonably priced Mexican fare. Licensed with Mexican beer available.
- Tony's Italian Eatery, 645 North Railroad St, ☎ +1 509-685-1001. Great Food, Dine-in, Take-out, or delivery. Pizza, and Italian style dishes.
- Camping: there are numerous campgrounds and RV parks close to Colville and several campgrounds along the Columbia River in the Lake Roosevelt National Recreational Area, which is not too far away. There are also campgrounds in the Colville National Forest.
Internet facilities are available at the Colville Public Library - 195 S Oak St as well as several cafes along Main St.
- 49 Degrees North. A ski resort in the far northeast of Washington, near the borders with Idaho and British Columbia. About 20 miles south of Colville or 42 miles north of Spokane on Highway 395 to Chewelah, then east 10 miles on Flowery Trail Road.
- Northport International Raceway, 4361 Sheep Creek Rd., Northport. Home of the N.I.D.R.A.: the Northport International Dirt Racing Association.
- Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area including Coulee Dam, along the Columbia River just a few miles west of Colville.
|Routes through Colville|
|Omak ← Republic ←||W E||→ Jct → Newport|