Columbus/Northwest is defined as being North of Interstate 70 and West of Interstate 71, in Columbus, Ohio. Included in this area would be Grandview Heights, Upper Arlington, Worthington, Dublin, Powell and Hillard neighborhoods.
- Greyhound Station, 111 East Town St, +1 614 228-2266, . Hours: 24 hours a day.
- Megabus, +1 877-462-6342, . Service to Columbus from Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Chicago. Fares start at $1. Buses arrive and depart downtown Columbus at the COTA Express Transit Terminal, located at West Spring Street and North Wall Street. Buses also serve Ohio State University from a stop at the north side of the Neil Drive loop next to the McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion. Neil Drive is located northwest of Neil Avenue and West 12th Avenue.
Major highways include I-71 & Rte. 315 (north and south), I-70 & I-670 (east and west), and the outer-belt, I-270. US Routes 33, 23, and 40 also converge downtown.
- Port Columbus International Airport (IATA: CMH), 4600 International Gateway, ☎ +1 614 239-4083. Port Columbus is served by all the major airlines, with direct flights to most major American cities. Aside from rental cars, the airport can also be reached by the #92 bus, or by taxi. A taxi ride to downtown is only 10 minutes and will cost approximately $25. Depending on your schedule and where you are connecting to, it may be worthwhile to check flights to Dayton as well, as they are often cheaper.
The area between I-71 and I-270 outerbelt has numerous exits into this area. The roads are well maintained and traffic is acceptable, other than during rush hour when people are going to and leaving work. If you are not familiar with the area, you may want to sit it out during that period. There are plenty of diversions.
The COTA bus service , while not by any standard one of the greatest in the nation, can take you to most important places in the city, which should be about 5 blocks away from any conceivable location you need to go to. This service costs $2 for an express bus and $1.50 for a normal bus. Transfers are free; ask for one from the bus driver when you pay your fare. They are available at the Columbus International Airport.
Navigating the NW portion of Columbus by foot would be a bit difficult for the average person due to the size of the area. It is more easily traveled by bus, car, taxi or even bicycle.
From Columbus Int. Airport +1 614-239-TAXI. Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal 24/7. An electronic meter will be activated to compute your fare from Port Columbus International Airport. The approximate fare into downtown Columbus is $22
- MAPFRE Stadium, Adjacent to Ohio Historical Society off of I-71. Home to the Columbus Crew MLS Soccer Club. In 2008, a $2 million dollar new stage has been installed to host big-name concerts.
- Ohio Village, 1982 Velma Ave, ☎ +1 419 297-2300. A re-created 19th-century village next to the Ohio Historical Center.
- Budweiser Plant Tour, 700 Schrock Rd. Watch the brewing, bottling, and packaging processes.
- The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, 9990 Riverside Dr, ☎ +1 614 645-3400. The zoo has a great collection of endangered species, including manatees, cheetahs, kangaroos and lowland gorillas. They recently opened the Asia Quest exhibit with Siberian tigers, sun bears and Pallas cats.
- Ohio Expo Center, 717 E. 17th Ave. Home to The Ohio State Fair. Each month, a variety of shows, expositions and competitions are held at the Ohio Expo Center, over 175 events per year. These range from shopping for antiques to boxing, there is something for everyone at the Ohio Expo Center.
- Polaris Fashion Place, 1500 Polaris Parkway. West, ☎ +1 614 846-1500. Off of I-71 @ Polaris. One of the new commercial shopping areas, loaded with popular stores and restaurants.
- The Mall at Tuttle Crossing, Tuttle Crossing Blvd. at I-270, A 980,000 square foot mall with over 120 stores and a food court.
Food Safety – In Columbus, all 6,000 local restaurants must post color coded signs that reflect the results of the most previous inspection by the Columbus Public Health Dept. Green = passing most recent inspection. Red, yellow or white suggests you probably may want to reconsider your options. The law applies to public pools, tattoo parlors, spas, campgrounds as well as food markets. The sign must be obvious, within five foot of an entrance.
- Aladdin's Eatery, Grandview, High St, & Dublin locations, Mediterranean fusion. Healthy, fresh, and priced well.
- New India Restaurant, ☎ +1 614 442-7705. 5226 Bethel Center Mall. Indian cuisine, chicken tikka, chicken marsala, tandoori chicken, saag paneer, lamb bhuna. Lunch and dinner: daily; Sunday brunch. Children's menu; cocktails. Entrees: $6.95-$13.95.
- Amul India, 7676 Sawmill Rd, ☎ +1 614 734-1600. Northern Indian cuisine, chicken tikka, masala, lamb korma. Lunch buffet and dinner: daily. Cocktails. Entrees: $7.99-$14.99. Their buffet is hard to beat.
- Jimmy V's Grandview, 1788 West 5th Ave, ☎ +1 614 487-1717. $8.50-18.00.
- Joe's Crab Shack, 3720 W. Dublin-Granville Rd, ☎ +1 614 799-6106. Call-ahead. Featuring: seafood, steak, chicken, pasta. Lunch and dinner: daily. Children's menu; cocktails. Entrees: $7.99-$21.99.
- MCL Restaurant & Bakery Kingsdale, 3160 Kingsdale Shopping Center. Upper Arlington. +1 614 457-5786 | Carryout:+1 614 457-1625 M-Sa 11a-8:30p Su 10:45a-8p
- Thai Orchid Restaurant, 7654 Sawmill Rd, ☎ +1 614-792-1112. Pad Thai, green curry. Lunch and dinner: daily. No children's menu. Cocktails. Entrees: $7.25-$12.95.
- Hunan Lion, 2000 Bethel Rd, ☎ +1 614 459-3933.
- The Refectory, 1092 Bethel Rd, ☎ +1 614 451-9774.
- Trattoria La Tavola, 6125 Riverside Dr. Dublin.
- The Worthington Inn, 649 High St, ☎ +1 614-885-2600. Worthington.
- Red Roof Inn Columbus-West, 5001 Renner Rd., +1 614-878-9245.
- Comfort Suites, ☎ +1 614 870-7658, fax: +1 614 878-8366. 5547 Keim Circle. Easy access to downtown Columbus, shops, restaurants and movie theater within the area. Secure Online Reservations.
- Comfort Inn North, 1213 E. Dublin Granville Rd, ☎ +1 614 885-4084, fax: +1 614 885-9280.
- Econo Lodge North Columbus, 6125 Zumstein Dr, ☎ +1 614 436-0800, fax: +1 614 436-0833.
- Microtel Inn Columbus (Worthington), 7500 Vantage Dr, ☎ +1 614 436-0556, fax: +1 614 436-2205.
- Microtel Inn Columbus West, 5655 Feder Rd, ☎ +1 614 851-1745, fax: +1 614 851-9787. W of I-270 and N of I-70
- Quality Inn & Suites North Columbus, 1001 Schrock Rd, ☎ +1 614 431-0208, fax: +1 614 433-9766.
- Clarion Hotel & Suites Conference Center Columbus, ☎ +1 614 888-7440, fax: +1 614 888-7879. 900 E. Dublin-Granville Rd. An upscale hotel providing affordable accommodations to both leisure and business travelers visiting Columbus - situated near Historic Worthington and downtown Columbus. Secure Online Reservations.
- Hawthorn Suites Columbus West, 5505 Keim Circle (Just North of I-70 and W of I-270), ☎ +1 614 853-6199. The Hawthorn Suites, Columbus West, is designed to make your stay more comfortable. Each tastefully appointed suite has a living room area which features a pull-out twin sofa sleeper, a television, a VCR, an ergonomic chair and voice mail plus a work desk and data lamp.
- Columbus Marriott Northwest, 5605 Blazer Pkwy, ☎ +1 614 791-1000, fax: +1 614 791-1001. 43017.
- Columbus Marriott North, 6500 Doubletree Ave (Just S of I-270 and W of I-71), ☎ +1 614 885-1885, toll-free: +1-800-228-3429, fax: +1 614 885-7222.
- Doubletree Hotel Columbus / Worthington, 175 Hutchinson Avenue, ☎ +1 614 885-3334, fax: +1 614 846-4353.
- Riverside Hospital. 3535 Olentangy River Rd. +1 614 566-5000. Consistently named the hospital of choice by central Ohio residents