Clinton (New York)
Countryside on Route 412 in Clinton
Clinton (pop 2000) is a village in the Town of Kirkland, a Utica suburb in central New York State.
- From Utica, Clinton is a straight shot on the North-South Arterial Highway (State Route 12 South) and Route 12B South (Clinton Road/Utica Road). The trip takes approximately 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Rome is slightly further away (about 25-30 minutes). Most of your driving will be on State Route 233 South.
- For trips from places further west (such as Syracuse) and east (such as Schenectady and Albany, but also from destinations south of Albany in the Hudson Valley, etc.), it is advisable to use I-90 (the New York State Thruway). Take the exit for downtown Utica from points east and the exit on Route 233 South from points west.
Emerson Hall at Hamilton College
Hamilton College theater
- Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Road. Chartered in 1812, Hamilton College (named after Alexander Hamilton) is the third-oldest college in New York State. It is a residential college, and focuses on the liberal arts.
- Village Tavern, 14 College Street, ☎ +1 315 853-8010. Well known village pub.