Clifton (New Jersey)
Clifton is a city in Passaic County, New Jersey.
Clifton is a tiny city in Passaic County neighboring the city of Paterson. Clifton has a plentiful Arab-American population. However, its neighbor, Paterson, has a slightly bigger Arab-American population. Often overlooked for places like New York City, a day trip won't hurt a bit. There are places that may be worth visiting.
Several highways pass through Clifton, including the Garden State Plaza, State Route 3, and others.
The NJ Transit Main Line and MTA Port Jervis Line stop at the Clifton Station inside the city limits. Ticket pricing varies depending on where you are coming from.
Newark Liberty International Airport is only a 20-to-30-minute drive from Clifton. Numerous domestic and international carriers operate at the airport.
- Digital Press Video Games Any video game lover would certainly want to come here. The store sells retro consoles and games alike. It is located along Route 46.
- Eat authentic Arab cuisine The area is home to tons of Arab restaurants due to its high Arab-American presence.
- Paterson Although a bit run down, the city is also home to a much larger Arab-American population. It is also home to the Paterson Great Falls on the Passaic River.
- Newark Also a bit run-down, the city actually contains tons of history, art, culture, as well as one of the biggest collection of cherry blossom trees in the nation.
- Jersey City An important financial center next to the Hudson River. Often referred to as "Wall Street West", it still contains amazing views of Manhattan, Liberty State Park, which has ferries to Liberty and Ellis Island, and tons of foreign cuisine.
- Hoboken Home of the first baseball game, and has some culture. It is also considered a huge hipster hub.
- New York City The most populous city in the United States, it has tons and tons of things to see all around. Check the New York City page for more details.
|Routes through Clifton|
|Spring Valley ← Paramus ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ East Orange → Newark|
|END ←||W E||→ Lyndhurst/Rutherford → Secaucus|
|Ends at ←||N S||→ Lyndhurst/Nutley → Newark|
|Ridgewood ← Passaic ←||N S||→ Lyndhurst → Hoboken|