Chujado (추자도) is an island administrated by Jeju.
Located half way between Jeju island and the mainland. The main islands of Hachuja (Upper Chuja) and Sangchuja (Lower Chuja) are connected by a bridge. It is administrated by Jeju.
Ferries are the only public transport options, with:
- Red Pearl (Hanil Express) car ferry service between Chujado and Jeju City (approximately 2 hour journey)
- Stop on the Pink Dolphin ferry service between Mokpo and Jeju City (approximately 90 minute journey from Jeju)
- Stop on the Onbada Ferry 1 service between Wando and Jeju City
There is and island Circle Bus stopping at the settlements of Daeseo, Yeongheung, Mungni, Sinyang and Yechori. The 30 minute journey runs every hour between 07:00 - 21:30.
- Chujado Olle Trail is a 17.7km hiking trail, the trail begins at Chuja's main town and reaches the peaks of both islands. It is considered a demanding hike.
- Fishing. Chujado is highly regarded as a fishing destination by Koreans.
There are 37 holiday lodging houses, as well as camping in the areas of Sinde Coast, Hupo Coast, Jangjakpyeongsa Beach and Mojini Beach.
There are pretty much only two options:
- Jeju Island South Korea's holiday island to the south
- The South Korean mainland to the north