The town serves as the intersection of the highways Route 3 and Route 495. The 495 exit is around 35 minutes north of Route 90. New Hampshire is most easily reached by driving fifteen minutes North on Route 3.
- Historic district
- Fiske House
- Middlesex Canal
- Barret-Byam Homestead
- Hildreth-Robbins House
- Einstein Brothers Bagels
- The Flaky Pastry
- China Mountain - best for take-out
- Timbos - cash only
- Tai Shang Garden (Chelmsford Center)
- The Java Room - amazing coffee and food...not to mention great atmosphere (also now serving alcoholic drinks)
- Center Deli
- Infusions Bistro & Catering
- Kastore Restaurant, 110 Tyngsboro Rd, ☎ +1 978 251-4020.
- India Palace, 313 Littleton Rd, ☎ +1 978-244-1235.
- Amici's Ristorante
- Chelmsford House of Pizza - for subs, etc.
- Kastores - for great turkey sandwiches with a smile, and an ice cream window open late.
- Pizza Place
- Zesty's Pizza
- Brother's Pizza (Best In Town)
- Glenview - excellent prices for generous portions of home-style food.
- Garlic Bistro
- Best Western Chelmsford Inn, 187 Chelmsford Street, ☎ +1 978 256-7511, toll-free: +1-888-770-9992, fax: +1 978 250-1401.
- Chelmsford Radisson
There are currently no campgrounds within the town of Chelmsford.
|Routes through Chelmsford|
|Lawrence ← Lowell ←||N S||→ Westford → Marlborough|
|Manchester ← Nashua ←||N S||→ Billerica → Boston|