The name is pronounced "khep". The city features a very quaint and pretty town square and winding alleys. However, outside of the center, the city is characterized by grimy heavy industry.
Tourist information kiosk (Turistické infocentrum), Jateční 2. Monday - Friday 9:00 - 17:00.
- Cheb Castle. Mostly in ruins except for its towers. Features the biggest Romanesque chapel in Bohemia. 30Kc.
- New Town Hall & State Gallery of the Arts. Boroque building from the 18th century. Features Czech modern art. 80Kc.
- Frantiskanske Namesti. Features the St. Clare Church and the Church of the Herald of the Virgin Mary.
- Kartarena, Potočiště 3. 9:00 -.
- Pizzeria Cafe, Jakubska 1. Pizza: 70Kc.
- Restaurant Valdstejn, Náměstí Jiřího z Poděbrad 35 (Main square). Steak & Schnitzel. 75Kc-150Kc.
- Pizzeria Da Angelo, Jateční 18.
- Autocamp Rybarska Basta (6km east of city center at Drenice). Well-equipped campsite. Tent: 60kc; Bed: 220Kc.
- Pension U Tri Ruzi, Ruzovy Kopecek 395/9. Single: 450Kc; Double: 800Kc.
- Hotel Barbarossa. Jazz in reception. Nice bathrooms. Single:1,050Kc Double: 1,350Kc, including breakfast.