Chatsworth is in the San Fernando Valley in the Los Angeles metropolitan area in Southern California.
Chatsworth is at the northwest end of the San Fernando Valley. Chatsworth can be most easily accessed by the 118 Freeway. Amtrak and Metrolink trains also stop in Chatsworth.
An automobile is indispensable for getting around Chatsworth. There is a bus system that costs $1.25.
- Homestead Acre, 10385 Shadow Oak Dr (in Chatsworth Park South at the west end of Devonshire Street), ☎ +1 818 882-5614. First Sunday of every month from 1PM - 4PM. Historical museum covering the history of the area from indigenous artifacts to early pioneers.
- Stoney Point, 11000 Topanga Canyon Blvd (street parking on Topanga or on Chatsworth), ☎ +1 818 883-8531. Open daily sunrise to sunset. Great hiking trails, also popular with mountain climbers. Dog friendly. No snackbar or washroom facilities. Bring your own water.
- . Prepare to spend hours of discovery on this hike at Stoney Point in Chatsworth. Boulders merge together to form caves, dens, and alcoves that beg to be explored. Located at Topanga Canyon Boulevard between Chatsworth Street and the 118 Freeway, a huge boulder at the top of the mountain is a famous landmark called Stoney Point. Mountain climbers come here to learn and practice. Hikers of all sorts come to play. A maze of trails encompasses the Stoney Mountains. Some merely end abruptly, but there is always something interesting to see. It is hard to resist climbing high into the boulders, but be careful doing so with leashed dogs. Legs can get entangled on some of the precarious precipices. There is a wide trail following the base of the mountain along the south and east sides that is easily traversed with dogs. Get on the trail below “Stoney Point” and follow it around toward the east.A cluster of boulders form a good-sized cave at a small clearing to the left about midway to the east side of the mountain. A sharp eye can spot it from the trail. Look for a hitching post rail on the opposite side of the trail. Parking on Topanga Canyon Boulevard is dangerous with dogs. It’s better to take the back way by parking on Chatsworth Street near the railroad crossing west of Canoga Avenue. Follow the bridle path along the tracks heading north. Watch out for stickers here. The bridle path leads to the back side of Stoney Point along the railroad tracks to the wide trail around the base of the mountain.A small stream ambles along-side the trail at a few points, but following the stream isn’t the best way to go because of areas with overgrown brush and debris. Lots of brush grows here. There are no restroom facilities or drinking water. Stream water is not suitable to drink. Bring water for yourself and your dog. It can get very hot here, especially during summer. Shade is scarce, but the caves and dens are cool and offer a good place to rest. Wear a wide brimmed hat and hiking shoes and be sure to protect your dog from too much sun.Stoney Point is open from sunrise to sunset. Dogs must be leashed, but it is definitely worth a visit.Address: 11000 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Chatsworth Phone: +1 818 883-8531
- Northridge Fashion Center, 9301 Tampa Ave (corner of Tampa and Plummer), ☎ +1 818 885-9700. M - Sa: 10AM - 9PM; Su: 11AM - 7PM.
- Happy Hookers Yarn Center, 21619 Devonshire St (just west of the railroad tracks), ☎ +1 818 709-3995. Good place to buy yarn, also has classes for knitting/crocheting.
- Bishop's Yarns Incorporated, 21820 Devonshire St (Devonshire and Jordan), ☎ +1 818 407-1069. Tu -Sa: 10AM -4PM. Good place to buy yarn, also has classes for knitting/crocheting.
- Les Sisters' Southern Kitchen, 21818 Devonshire St (between Vassar and Jordan, park on side street), ☎ +1 818 998-0755. Lunch: Tu - F: 11AM - 2:15PM, Dinner: Su: 5PM - 8:30PM, Tu - Th: 5PM - 8:30PM, F - Sa: 5PM - 9:30PM. Alcohol is not served but the food is so good you won't miss it. Come early at lunch time or prepare for a wait. $10 - $15.
- Los Toros Mexican Restaurant, 21743 Devonshire St (corner of Devonshire and Hillview, parking lot in back), ☎ +1 818 882-3080. Su - Th: 11AM - 11PM, F - Sa: 11AM - Midnight. Possibly the best lunch special in town - get the flavoured margarita for $0.75 extra. $10 - $15.
- Cowboy Palace, 21635 Devonshire St (corner of Devonshire and Owensmouth), ☎ +1 818 341-0166. Very down to earth country-western bar with live bands and line dancing. No dress code, no cover charge.
- Radisson Hotel Chatsworth, 9777 Topanga Canyon Blvd (just south of Lassen), ☎ +1 818 709-7054, fax: +1 818 998-3573. From $100 per night.
- Ramada Inn Chatsworth, 21340 Devonshire St (just east of Owensmouth), ☎ +1 818 998-5289, fax: +1 818 998-0257. From $50 per night.
- Staybridge Suites, 21902 Lassen St (just east of Topanga Cyn), ☎ +1 818 773-0707, fax: +1 818 773-0351. From $142 per night.
- Best Western All Star Inn & Suites, 21603 Devonshire St (just west of the railroad tracks), ☎ +1 818 998-8888, fax: +1 818 718-6666. From $89 per night.
Go out the way you came in or strike off to explore the San Fernando Valley or neighboring Simi Valley.
|Routes through Chatsworth|