Charm is a town in Holmes County, Ohio. Charm is located South of Berlin on Route 557, that exits off of Route 39 West of Berlin. Route 557 extends east to Farmerstown and ends at Ragersville (Route 93), where if you turn North you will arrive in Sugarcreek. This, approx. 5 mile long road, runs through the heart of Amish Country. Comparing this area to Berlin, would be like comparing Cancún to inland Mexico. A bit of an exaggeration, but accurate. This short, narrow winding road, full of Amish Buggies, animals and pedestrian's, is sometimes overwhelmed by "English" visitors on motorcyles in packs of ten or more, vans loaded with shopping mothers and children and car loads of sight seeing visitors. In truth, most of the Amish would just as soon you were not there, but in Berlin visiting the "English" merchants who parasitically, live off of the Amish legend. The Amish are very polite and will be very friendly, but you are cluttering their world.
SR 39 to Route 557
- Guggisberg Cheese, 5060 SR 557. Award winning cheese factory and showroom.
- Beautiful farms, homes, children, people.
Be careful when driving, the narrow roads are full of Amish buggies, horse drawn farm equipment, animals and children. They move very slowly, have patience.
- Amish Country Riding Stables, toll-free: +1-877-467-9477.
- Charm General Store, 4456 SR 557
- Charm Harness & Boot, 4432 CR 70, ☎ +1 330-893-0402.
- Famerstown Furniture Ltd., 3155 SR 557 No phone. Top quality!
- Ole Mill Funiture, 4422 SR 557. 7,00 sq. ft. Hardwood furniture.
- Valley Farm Meats, 5362 SR 557, ☎ +1 330-674-6257. All pork and beef raised and processed on location. Hormone free, grain fed. Very reasonable prices! Some is frozen, some fresh. Great Sausage!! They will provide and roast hogs for roasting. Spit rental. Bring a big cooler.
- Hand Made Furniture
- Bakery Items
- Chalet in the Valley, ☎ +1 330-893-2550. Open Tues.-Sat. 11-8 Sunday 11-3. SR 557.
- Homestead Restaurant
No Alcohol available.
- Charm Countryview Inn, 3334 State Route 557, ☎ +1 330 893-3003, e-mail: email@example.com. $80-140.
- Grandma's Homestead Cottage, ☎ +1 330 893-2717. Stay includes dinner and breakfast at Grandma's Homestead Restaurant, across the street. $125.
- Guggisberg Swiss Inn, 5025 SR 557, ☎ +1 330 893-3600, toll-free: +1-877-467-9477. Wireless internet. $66-160.