Chalkidiki (Greek: Χαλκιδική), also Halkidiki or Chalcidice, forms a trident-like peninsula. The coast hosts numerous excellent beaches. Located near the city of Thessaloniki. The capital of Chalkidiki prefecture is the town of Polygyros, located in Northern Chalkidiki.
To get to Halkidiki there are buses that leave from the Chalkidiki Bus Station located south of Thessalonki. To get to this bus station you can take a 45A from the commuter bus station adjacent to Thessalonki Train Station, Chalkidiki Bus Station is the final stop.
From Chalkidiki Bus Station there are frequent services to numerous destinations. Schedule information can be found at www.ktel-chalkidikis.gr.
The only way to get around is from Thessaloniki Interurban Bus Terminal ("KTEL Halkidikis") .
- Byzantine watch tower of the Agios Pavlos in Nea Phokea
- Old traditional villages of Parthenon, Sykia and Nikiti
- Monasteries of the Mount Athos peninsula — 20 Byzantine Christian orthodox Monasteries and numerous Sketes, allowed only to men visitors, the biggest and most important monastic community of Greece, with 1800 monks living there today
- The Cave of Petralona, with the spectacular stalactites and stalagmites and the oldest human finds of Greece
- Excavations of ancient Stageira, birthplace of the philosopher Aristotle
- Local flower and pine honey from Nikiti and Arnea, the two biggest centres of Greek honey.
- Wooven woolen articles from Arnea.
- Tsipouro, the strong-kind-of-ouzo schnapps from the local villagers.
- Wine. The winters here are mild and the summers are long and dry. The good climate, among with the mineral-rich soil, are crucial factors for the famous wine-making of the area. The most famous wine is that produced in Sithonia, in the Neos Marmaras area, the Porto Carras
- Olives and olive oil. Production areas: Mount Meliton, Pallini Peninsula, Holomon foothills, Polygyros, Ormylia, Olynhtos and Nea Moudania
- Cheese products
- Ammouda Villas, Ormos Panagias 63078, ☎ +30 2310 920615, fax: +30 2310 334671, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 2:00 PM, check-out: 12:00 PM.