- Banská Bystrica — was one of the most important mining towns of Hungarian part of Austro-Hungarian Empire; beautiful restored square, many churches, castles and museums and memorial of the Slovak National Uprising
- Banská Štiavnica — this medieval mining town in central Slovakia is a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Liptovsky Hradok
- Liptovský Mikuláš
- Nová Baňa
- Rajecke Teplice — very peaceful spa town surrounded by magnificent Mala Fatra National Park
- Tvrdošín — centre of the Orava region, gateway to Orava's magnificent natural areas
- Žilina — fourth biggest city with a well preserved historical city centre influenced by German architecture and unique museum of the tinker´s culture located at the Budatín castle
Čičmany - a folk village near Žilina.
Vlkolínec - a folk village near Ružomberok.