Central Iowa is in the United States of America.
- Ames - Home of Iowa State University
- Boone - Home of the Boone & Scenic Valley Railroad and the closest town to scenic Ledges State Park
- Des Moines - The state capital and Iowa's largest city
- Grinnell - Home of esteemed liberal arts institution Grinnell College
- Indianola - Featuring National Balloon Museum and hot air balloon contests
- Knoxville - Home of Knoxville Raceway
- Manning - Home of the German Hausbarn, a barn originally built in Germany in 1660 and brought to Iowa as a gift. The town of Manning also celebrates German festivals, including Kinderfest in June and Weihnachtfest each Christmas.
- Newton - Former headquarters of Maytag Washing Machine Company (Maytag, Inc.)
- Pella - Home of Pella Windows, Vermeer Manufacturing, and the annual Pella Tulip Festival
- Perry - Home of Hotel Pattee, an arts and crafts style destination hotel
- West Des Moines