- From East to West :
- Athens —
- Chalcis —
- Delphi — site of the famous oracle of Apollo, major archaeological site
- Lamia —
- Mesolongi —
- Nafpaktos —
- Galaxidi —
- Itea — Seaside town close to Delphi
- Karpenisi —
- Mount Parnassus — The mount was regarded as a principal abode of Apollo and the Muses.
- Thermopylae — A narrow coastal passage, famous for the battle that took place there in 480 BC
There are two airports in central Greece. The biggest one is in Athens.
- Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport
- Aktion National Airport (Lefkada Airport "Aktion").