Central Finland (Keski-Suomi) is in the Finnish Lakeland.
- Jyväskylä — University town and the hub of central Finland
- Petäjävesi – the wooden church of Petäjävesi is a UNESCO World Heritage site
Like most other provinces, there is an airport in the largest city, Jyväskylä, with flights to Helsinki. You can get to Jyväskylä by train from Tampere and from some places in Eastern Finland. As many highways pass through the province there are also a lot of intercity bus connections in all directions.
- The wooden church of Petäjävesi, an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The aviation museum in Tikkakoski, north of Jyväskylä.
- Hike in Salamajärvi National Park in Kivijärvi or along Muuramenjoki trail in Muurame.
- Drive along small unpaved roads and watch the hilly lake landscape.
- Playing golf at GolfClub Tammela which is location in the middle of nature what makes the landscape particularly beautiful. Opening the horizon of Central Finland lake landscape is a vision which is quite harmonious and soothing. Tammalan Golfklubi
- Watch the WRC Rally of Finland, held around Jyväskylä each July.
- Buy liquorice and chocolate at the Panda factory shop in Jyväskylä.