Central Falls (Rhode Island)
Central Falls is a city in Rhode Island.
Central falls: Central Falls is the smallest city located in the smallest state Rhode Island. More popularly known as CF, this small city in Providence County is a diverse densely populated area in the corner of the State. Two neighboring towns that surround CF are Lincoln and Pawtucket which people frequently pass through in transit.There are also many Restaurants to visit in Central Falls that complement the diverse in habitants. For a small town there are many shops and establishments to visit.
T. F. Green Airport (Providence) (PVD): distance to airport: about 11 miles
RIPTA 99 from Providence via Pawtucket Ave continues through Pawtucket to Central Falls through 71 Broad Street. Ripta Bus 72 travels through Providence and continues to Central falls via Weeden Street
- Quality Cab Inc. 19 Cross Street Central Falls, RI 02863. +1 401 725-3000
- Royal Cab Inc. 17 Cross Street, Central Falls, RI 02863. +1 401 725-1000
Central Falls is a small city, only one square mile big and can be covered by walking. RIPTA, Rhode Island’s public transport network is available and an alternate. Public transportation in Central Falls is all buses, the buses are reliable, and connects to downtown Pawtucket bus stop which can connect you to Kennedy Plaza. Kennedy Plaza is in downtown Providence and is the main bus station. Other options could include taxi:
- Quality Cab, 19 Cross St., 401-725-3000. Quality Cab is a taxi service that has served the community for 80 year, along with mini-can transportation available for larger groups. 24 hour service, 7 days a week and service provided to all local airports, including TF Green International (PVD) and Logan International Airport (BOS).
Central Falls is a city rich in culture, urban streetscapes, and dates back to 1731. The small city not known for its attractions it holds the following few. Historical Places:
- Samuel B. Conant House, 104 Clay Street. Is a historic house in Central Falls. The colonial revival house was constructed in 1895 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
- Benjamin F. Greene House, 85 Cross Street. Street in Central Falls. The house was built by Clifton A. Hall and Wheeler & Merchant in 1868 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
- Jenks Park & Cogswell Tower, 580 Broad Street. In Central Falls is near city hall. The site was built in 1890 by Alber Humes and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. The small, 4 acre park was a gift of Alvin Jenks to the city. The park at one moment was beautiful, and exhibited many elements (fish ponds, no longer around) it retains the Fales and Jenks iron umbrellas, the tall clock tower and walkways. It is considered the symbol of the city.
- The Valley Falls Mill, 1363 Broad Street. In Central falls; The Valley Falls Company is on two sides of the Blackstone River. Founded by Oliver Chace; Valley Falls Company contributed to the textile industry in Cumberland, Lincoln, Central Falls, and neighboring Pawtucket.
The Valley Falls Company is on two sides of the Blackstone River. Founded by Oliver Chace; Valley Falls Company contributed to the textile industry in Cumberland, Lincoln, Central Falls, and neighboring Pawtucket. • Flagg museum, 209 Central Street is the first museum in Central Falls. The Lysander and Susan Flagg museum located right next door the cities library, displays local history with large collections of maps, newspapers, photographs, paintings, and artifacts.
- Ralph Holden Community Center, 361 Cowden Street, 401-727-7425. A recreational center that provides the community with family and youth services. .
- Higginson Ave. Recreation Area located on 16 Higginson Ave, is the cities High School sport field with a running track surrounding the field. There is plenty of parking, with several basketball courts along with a little league baseball field available.
- CVS Pharmacy, 309 Broad St., +1 401 721-9880 open 24 hours with the Pharmacy closing M-F 8PM-10PM and Sa-Su 9AM-6PM.
• JA Landry Hardware, 688 Broad St., +1 401 725-5860 call for open times. Industrial & maintenance supplies, wallpaper and paints, wallpaper, brushes, power tools, plumbing supplies.
• Animal Planet, 635 Roosevelt Ave., +1 401 722-4001 call for open times. The lone pet store in Central Falls. Pet supplies are available for all pets with a specialty in birds.
- Village Pizza 650 Dexter, +1 401 725-3800. M-Sa 11AM-11PM, Su 11AM-10PM. Delivery and takeout available. Open since 1971 and specializing in Pizza. They also offer many other items such as calzones, gyros, ribs, wings, spinach pies, soups, salads, pasta dinners, grinders, and many more. Affordable and many great deals.
- Stanley's Restaurant, 535 Dexter Street, ☎ +1 401 726-9689. M-Th 11AM-8PM, F-Sa 11AM-9PM, Su Closed. Take out/pick up available. Open since 1932, specializing in burgers; a simple American product home cooked, full of flavor and affordable. “Stanley burgers” are known in the region for its grilled onions and pickles. It really is a stable in the Blackstone Valley and absolutely delicious.
Ethnic Food: • El Antojo Bakery, 494 Dexter St., +1 401 726-6091 call for open times. Colombian owned restaurant/bakery that is open 7 days a week and serves authentic ethnic food that includes breakfast and lunch along with very fair pricing. Take out/ pick up available. Delivery is available to the community and surrounding cities. • Los Tres Amigos Taqueria, 735 Dexter St., +1 401 725-3331 call for open times. Authentic Mexican fast food specialties. Take out/ pick up available. • La Sorpresa Bakery, 495 Broad St., 401-475-0032 call for open times. Authentic Colombian food with a specialty in fast food products. Take out/ pick up available.
- El Paisa, 598 Dexter Street, ☎ +1 2863 401 726-8864.
- China House, 555 Dexter Street, ☎ +1 401 726-8180.
- Sin Banderas Restaurant, 735 Dexter St, ☎ +1 401 722-2084.
- New Hong Kong, 514 Broad Street, ☎ +1 401 726-1130.
- el Molino Restaurant, 804 Broad St, ☎ +1 401 727-0002.
- Dominican Restaurant 830 Broad, +1 401 722-4909
- Sonrisa Restaurant 48 Crossing, +1 401 725-4958
- Cuisine Delmar, 63 Cottage St, ☎ +1 401 721-0823.
- El Salvadoreno Restaurant, 791 Lonsdale Avenue, ☎ +1 401 725-2226.
- Taqueria Lupita, 765 Dexter Street, ☎ +1 401 724-2650.
- Taco Mix, 723 Broad Street, ☎ +1 401 475-6668.
Fast Food Chains:
- Honey Dew Donuts, 957 Broad St, ☎ +1 401 721-0809.
- A & M Bakery Inc., 498 Broad Street, ☎ +1 401 475-0032.
- Benjamins III, 722 Broad Street, ☎ +1 401 728-7717.
- Roy’s Pub, 271 Cowden Street, ☎ +1 401 726-5040.
- Round House Tavern 137, +1 401 722-3060
- Hacker’s Pub, 435 Pine St, ☎ +1 401 475 3562.
- La Taberna, 695 Lonsdale Ave, ☎ +1 401 475-0343.
|Routes through Central Falls|
|Woonsocket ← Cumberland ←||N S||→ Pawtucket → Newport|
|Worcester ← Cumberland ←||N S||→ Pawtucket → Ends at|