Center (North Dakota)
Center celebrated its centennial anniversary in 2005 with the Old Settlers Days.
From I-94, exit 127 north onto state highway 31 for qbout 17 miles, then east 5 miles on SH 25.
- Center Mine, ☎ +1 701 794-8734, toll-free: +1 800-799-4242. This coal-mining operation is located 2 miles east, 4 miles south of Center in the powerbelt area of North Dakota. Open Monday through Friday, by appointment only.
- Milton R. Young Electric Power Generating Station, ☎ +1 701 794-8711. Groups of five or fewer can contact plant directly, through Minnkota Power. Monday through Friday, by appointment only.
- Oliver County Fair. Usually in August.
- River People's Visitor's Center, ☎ +1 701 794-3731. In Cross Ranch State Park, provides informative presentations on the natural history of the Missouri River Valley and the inhabitants of the area over the past millennium. By appointment only.
- Cross Ranch State Park, ☎ +1 701 794-3731, fax: +1 701 794-3262, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 12 miles southeast, is sited on seven miles of undeveloped Missouri river.
- Boating: boat ramp to allow exploration of this scenic stretch of the river
- Fishing: fishing for walleye, pike and bass.
- Hiking: during the summer, hike through the park's trail system or nature preserve. There is a 5,000-acre dedicated nature preserve composed of mixed grass prairie, river bottom forests and woody draws.
- Cross-country skiing during the winter months.
- Primitive camping in the back-country area, hike to your camping spot. Cabin rental also available.
- Lee's Bar, 101 Main St (Hensler is about 1.5 miles east of Center), ☎ +1 701 794-3518.