- Cavan — county town
- Bailieborough, Ballinagh, Ballyconnell, Ballyhaise, Ballyjamesduff, Bawnboy, Belturbet, Blacklion, Butlersbridge
- Dowra, Glangevlin
- Kingscourt, Killeshandra, Kilnaleck
- Mountnugent, Mullagh
- Stradone, Shercock
- Virginia — Gateway to the Ireland's Lakeland Region
- Car: From Dublin, the N3 will get you to Cavan town in about 1.5 hours.
- Bus: From Dublin, Belfast, or Donegal.
You will need a car to get around County Cavan speedily. Besides the hourly bus services to Dublin, etc., there is little in the way of public transport.
County Sports Partnership offers bikes to hire, two tandem bicycles, one hand-cycle and one universal hand-cycle wheelchair attachment.
- See the county museum in Ballyjamesduff and the Cavan Crystal showrooms in Cavan.
- Visit Dun A Ri Forest Park in Kingscourt.
- Fishing and boating on the Erne River.
- Explore the Marble Arch Caves.
- Virginia Pumpkin Festival. October bank holiday weekend.
- Duggans Pub and Restaurant/Olde Post Inn/ at Cloverhill.
- Hollow Stream Bed & Breakfast, Dublin Rd, Kingscourt (From Kingscourt take R162 Dublin/Navan Rd for 1 km. Arrive at Hollow Stream B&B on right.), ☎ +353 42 966-8346. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. All rooms have en suite bath, TV, and free Wi-Fi. Complimentary tea and coffee. Free off road parking. €30+.
- Fortview House B&B. Family-run guest house in the beautiful countryside of Cavan. Fishing, golf, horse riding, walking, home cooking, walks.
- Park Hotel, Virginia (Just outside the village), ☎ +353 854 6100. Check-in: 15:00, check-out: 12:00. Traditional country house hotel. On a private 100 acre estate on Lough Ramor with fishing, golf course, and formal gardens on grounds. Restaurant open to Wed-Sun.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Farnham Estate, Farnham Estate, County Cavan, ☎ +353 4943 77 700. On 1,300 acres and surrounded by 7 km of walking trails and fishing holes.
Virginia an attractive small town founded in 1612. On the N3 beside Lough Ramor. Several hotels, B&Bs, pubs, restaurants, and a golf course. Ideal location for weekend breaks with good angling, boating, wildlife and forest walks close by.