- Catania — busy university city and economic center, great for nightlife, the gate to Mount Etna (World Heritage)
- Acitrezza — fisherman village on the coast of Catania
- Fiumefreddo di Sicilia — Marina di cottone, it reserves natural neighbor very beautiful river that flows in a splendid sea
- Militello Val di Catania — a UNESCO World Heritage Listed Baroque town
- Mount Etna — Europe's tallest active volcano
- Gole dell'Alcantara — a deep impressive gorge carved by the Alcantara river on the edge of Etna
Watch out whenever walking on the streets on the center because drivers can drive over your feet if you're not careful. Also, make sure you follow the main roads to and from your place of stay so that you don't wind up in some ghetto, because they don't seem so safe especially if you're a female or a solo guy. Otherwise, the main streets seem pretty safe, full of friendly Italians of whom a lot know basic English.