Caspian Iran is a beautiful region of Iran along the coast of the Caspian Sea. The forested coastal plains rise up quickly into the Alborz Mountains.
- Gilan (province)
- Mazandaran (province)
- Aqqala (آق قلا, Āq Qalā) is a city in Golestan Province
- Bandar Torkaman
- Ramsar — sea resort backed by verdant mountains popular with Iranians; offering hot springs as well
In the central Province of Mazandaran, There are many things to see, ranging from natural to cultural attractions. Here are a few natural attractions:
- Safarood Public Forest, located 5 km on the road to Ramsar-Javaherdeh, in the beautiful forest regions of the Alborz mountain range and near the Safarood river. This forest has many recreational centers.
- Mineral Water Springs. Ramsar is quite famous for its mineral water springs. Some of these are : Nei-Dasht cold mineral water spring another located 12 km south of Ramsar, in a valley near the Safarood river the warm mineral water springs located behind the guesthouse of Ramsar, under the bridge of Ramsar (on the eastern edge of the hotel) and sadat-shahr, Mas-Rash and Tanijan warm mineral water springs in Jannat-Roodbar.
- Waterfalls: These are numerous waterfalls in the mountainous regions of Ramsar which have created the most beautiful views. These include Dareh-Rashmeh on the northwestern road to Ramsar-Javaherdeh, Laj-o-Mij in Oshkoor, a hamlet near a village by the same name, etc. Kaboudval waterfall which is one of the most beautiful waterfalls of Iran, is located near Aliabad-e Katul, Golestan province. Shirabad Waterfall is located 7 kilometers south of Khanbebin, Golestan.
- Gonbad-e Qabus tower, the tallest pure-brick tower of the world is located in Gonbad city of Golestan. Listed as an UNESCO World Heritage site
- Great Wall of Gorgan, located near Gorgan, Golestan. After Great Wall of China, it is the longest defensive wall in existence.
- Abbasabad Gardens in the town of Abbasabad, Mazandaran. This is one of nine Persian gardens inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Fish is the best way to go. If you're not that really interested in fish, kebab shops are scattered all over the province. Don't forget a meal in this province would not be complete without salads, yoghourt and barbari bread.