Public Transit Bus System. Three relatively new Green line stations have opened up, with one right in Old Town (downtown). North Carrollton is the terminal ending for the green line heading north.
- Downtown Carrollton. A very neat place to visit
- Russian Banya, 2515 E. Rosemeade (NW corner of Rosemeade Pkwy and Marsh Ln. DART Bus #341.), ☎ +1 214 483-5050. A traditional Russian banya (sauna). This is basically the only one of its kind in area. The sauna provides a consistent "wet heat". Along with the sauna there is a traditional Finnish sauna for a "dry heat", a Turkish steam room, an authentic Russian restaurant, venik massages, an ice-cold plunge pool, and cleansing showers for a complete relaxation experience.
- Babe's Chicken Dinner House. Unique Family Style Barbeque
- Sid's Rainbow Grill, 1107 South Broadway (On Broadway St. between Main St and 4th Ave. DART Bus #400), ☎ +1 972 242-1621. Monday - Friday 11AM-2PM, Saturday 11AM-2:30PM. A small diner located in Old Downtown Carrollton. They have a wide variety of burgers and sandwiches, coupled with a lot of deep-fried finger foods. Shakes, ice-cream floats, ice cream sodas, pies, and cookies for dessert. The restaurant has a wacky rainbow theme.
- Scooters, Trinity Mils.
- Embassy Suites - Market Center, 2727 Stemmons Freeway, ☎ +1 214-630-5332. There is a complimentary shuttle from this Embassy Suites Hotel to destinations three miles around, including the Dallas Market Center and downtown Dallas.
Take I-35 north about 20 miles to Denton, which is home to both the University of North Texas and Texas Women's University. There is a lively music scene, centered around the old courthouse square downtown, which is surrounded by restaurants, some bars, and several shops. Easy parking.
|Routes through Carrollton|
|Oklahoma City ← Lewisville ←||N S||→ Dallas → Waco|