Carleton Place is a town in Lanark County, midway between Smiths Falls and Ottawa.
- Greyhound, Baron's Motor Inn, 10451 Highway 7 K7C 3P2, ☎ +1 613-257-4002. Ottawa-Peterborough-Toronto and Ottawa-Smiths Falls-Kingston-Toronto intercity bus. $46-78 one-way (Toronto).
- Franktown radar, 1158 Gillies Corners Side Rd. 24 hours. "The Canadian weather radar network consists of 31 weather radars spanning Canada's most populated regions. Their primary purpose is the early detection of precipitation, its motion and the threat it poses to life and property. Each has a range of 256 km (159 mi) in radius around the site to detect reflectivity, and a range of 128 km (80 mi) for detecting velocity patterns (Doppler effect)." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_weather_radar_network This particular radar covers Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. It is impossible to visit the premises of the radar, but the radar is visible from the gate. 5-10 minutes will suffice to visit. Free.
- Riverside Jam - 3 day Camping, Country Music Festival
- Mississippi Lake National Wildlife Area, Concession Road 10B (off Hwy 7, west of Carleton Place). Sanctuary for migratory birds, so public access is seasonal (outside migration season) and limited. Day use on designated trail (hiking, wildlife viewing, photography), recreational boating (personal watercraft) and fishing (no lead sinkers) in McIntyre Creek, McCoy’s Creek and McEwen Bay. No public access September 15th to December 15th, except for boat launch on McIntyre Creek to access the Mississippi Lake.
- Eating Place Restaurant, 73 Bridge St, K7C 2V4, ☎ +1 613-257-7595. Small main street restaurant, breakfast and various menu choices, open daily.
|Routes through Carleton Place|