North Pest is in Budapest. Two districts formed this. One of them is Angyalföld (German: Engelsfeld; literally: "Angel's Field") is a district in Budapest. This area was a hundred years ago was know about slum areas. Until 1950's it was a part of district 7th. From since started to built housing estates with mostly eleven floors buildings. The traditionally working class neighbourhood the northern and eastern part of its went through a process of gentrification due to the shopping centre/office-building boom of the 1990s. Almost at same time starting an luxury estate boom, thousands of apartments built along the Danube River. - The other district is Újpest (German: Neu-Pest, English: New Pest) is the 4th District in Budapest. The name Újpest means "new Pest" because the city was formed on the border of the city of Pest in 1838. Újpest was a village for six decades until 1907 when it became a town. In 1950, the town was unified with Budapest to form Greater Budapest. Since 1950, Újpest is the 4th District of Budapest. The main road #2 leading towards Vác. Northern tip of district 4th is the newewst Budapest bridge, the Megyeri bridge which give a short connection to Budakalász village just off from Óbuda.
- Angyalföld. The largest part of the district, which give the name the entire district 13th.
- Erdőtelkek (lit. Forest's plots). Until 1900's used by military, a part was covered with small forests to now disappeared, sports grounds a couple still there. Before WWII. here was the Angyalföldi mental asylum now this is the Nyiro Gyula Hospital, In 1910's starting to creata a workers neighborhood with a lot small size apartment in four-five storey buildings, after WWII. built some housing estate (panels). These,- eleven floors houses,-built in premade concrete blocks. It was the main urban housing type in the Socialist-era, which still dominates some part of the Hungarian cityscape.
- Felsőbikarét (older name of its was Tripolis), before WWI it was nicknamed the 'Hungarian Chicago' because its has a very bad public safety. Mostly old houses destroyed in 1970's when new panel houses built in place. Eeven so You can see a couple 'Tripolis' era houses, the Roman Catholic church in Babér street (St. Michael's Parish) also origined from that time.
- Kikötő-dűlő (here is the Duna Plaza, Hungary's first mall) ,
- Lőportárdűlő (lit. gunpowder storage place, because till the beginning of the 20th century, was used entirely for military purposes),
- Újlipótváros (characterized by 5-6 floors, raised mostly in the 1920s and 30s houses with internal courtyard) ,
- Vizafogó (here is the Dagály bath, best known for housing estate but there are lot of almost hundred years old apartment houses),
- Margit-sziget (lit. Margaret Island, here does not live permanent population, a relaxing place. Public park, open air bath and swimming pool, hotel, small ZOO mediaval church ruin and other tiurist sights can be find),
- Népsziget (see more at geography chapter)
Neighborhoods in Újpest
- Újpest The largest part of the district, which give the name the entire district 4th.
- Istvántelek A train stop is here. Former here was found a great agricultural charity institution with an educational model farm (for orphans) in 1887, by Count István Károlyi (who give the name to this neighborhood)
- Népsziget island (the northern tip)
- People's Island (Népsziget) just former was an island on Danube. Now, after created the Winter Harbor, it is a peninsula. The area of its is more than 28 hectares. Former was here a shipbuilding yard some remnant still can be see. Now there are boathouses, resorts of different companies was lined up. At the north end of the peninsula is the Northern Railways bridge. It is a paradise all whoose like watersports. Also at weekend and holiday time lot of sport anglers try the luck here.
- Winter Harbor (Téli Kikötő) created in 1830's, linked the People's Island with Pest.
- FOKA Bay (FOKA-öböl). This artificial bay in district 13th. Located south of the Újpest Bay. Made by the result of a gravel mining.
- Rákos Creek (Rákos-patak), here (district 13th) flows into the Danube River
- Újpest Városkapu Bus Station (Bp., Újpest Városkapu végállomás. XIII. ker), Balzsam utca (Northernmost stop of : 'Újpest Városkapu' metro station. Also here is the Újpest-Városkapu Train Stop). Suburban buses terminated here:#300-303 to Vác via Budakeszi, #308-311 to Fót, #312 Nézsa via Penc #313 Püspökszilágy via Vácrátot, #316 Galgamácsa via Fót and Veresegyház, 317 Gödöllő via Fót and Mogyorod, 320 Fót and Mogyorod, #872 Szentendre Bus Station connection to lines #880-889 to Esztergom (from Szentendre) via Leányfalu, Visegrád, #890 Tahitótfalu (31km, hourly, one hour) via Szentendre, #893 Surány (daily, 1 1/4 hour) via Szentendre (from Szentendre six-eight per day). Long distance buses: #1010-1012 Salgótarján via Vác, Rétság, Balassagyarmat, Szécsény, #1013 twice a day only to Balassagyarmat via Rétság. - Northern Pest -Vác Area bus lines network map (PDF).
The Esztergom-Budapest railway line affected the northern border of the district 13th. There are two smaller train stops. Újpest-Városkapu and Budapest-Angyalföld stations could be usefull for travel to Óbuda (via Újpest Rail Bridge) or exploring the Danube Bend western part and give some jumping off point to Pilis Mountain for some nice walking tours. Budapest–Vác–Szob and Budapest–Vácrátót–Vác railway lines passed the eastern side of the district 4th, here is two smaller train stops Istvántelek and Rákospalota-Újpest.
- 'Újpest-Árpád út' Boat Station (Újpest-Árpád út hajóállomás) (: 'Újpest-Városkapu', bus 104, 104A, 122, 196, 204). 'D11' boat line northern end station
By public transport
In the district 13th
The main,-north-south direction,-route of the district 13th is the Váci út. Along this operating the Metro 3 suburban rail.
Surface public transport lines in Angyalföld:
- Trolleybus 75 and 79.
- Tram 1, 1A and 14.
- Bus 20E, 26, 30, 30A, 32, 34, 105, 106, 115, 120 and 133.
- Nigthbus 901, 914, 914A, 937, 950 and 950A.
- The City Boats stopped at pier 'Jászai Mari tér (Margaret Bridge)', 'Margaret Island Centennial Memorial', 'Dráva utca', 'Margaret Island, hotels ', 'Népfürdő utca (Árpád bridge)' and 'Meder utca'.
In the district 4th
The North-South (No. 3, marked blue) metro line terminated at Újpest központ station. Surface public transport lines in Újpest:
- Tram 12 and 14.
- Bus 20E, 25, 30, 30A, 96, 104, 104A, 120, 121, 122, 126, 126A, 147, 170, 196, 196A, 204, 220, 296
- Night lines: 914, 914A, 930, 950, 950A, 996, 996A
- Volanbus lines (selected): #300 (to Vác), 317 (to Gödöllő passing Mogyoród, Formula Ona Race Track), 320 (Mogyoród), 872 ( Szentendre), 880 (via Szentendre to Esztergom), 882 (via Szentendre to Visegrád), 884 (via Szentendre to Dunabogdány), 889 (via Szentendre to Pilismarót), 890 (via Szentendre to Tahitótfalu, Váci fery boat pier), 893 (via Szentendre to Surány).
- Bus 204 use the new Megyeri Bridge conecting north Pest with Óbuda
- The City Boat #11 terminated at Port of Újpesti, near to Árpád út - Váci út intersection
Dózsa György út and Róbert Károly körút functioning as outer and great circle roads. These two roads serving connection with East Pest and, -via Árpád Bridge,- with Óbuda.
- Parking. Mostly of district 13th on weekday daytime must to parking fees paying. Thera are also some covered parking houses.
- The parking fee in public place in the district 4th is HUF175 per hour, in district 13th HUF265 and HUF440 per hour. See zona map here. (2013).
- Úpest parking IV. kerület Árpád út and Rózsa utca corner, 24/7 guarded.
- Bicycle roads in district 13th relatively well-established, albeit (some part) at a very dilapidated condition. Six main lines crossing the district. Three three north-south and east-west directions. See on the map here.
- Bringo Rental (Bringóhintó, Bringóvár), Margaret Island, Hajós Alfréd sétány 1, ☎ +36 1 329 3953. 8.00-sunset. - Electric Car and Electric Scooter renting also possible at Centennial Memorial and/or Thermal Hotel. Read more in See chapter. Rentals ((0.5 óra / 1 óra)) Bringo chariot (for up to 3 adults and 2 children) HUF2180/3480; Family Tandem (for up to six adults and two children) HUF3280/4980; Electric Bringo chariot (for up to three adults and two children), HUF3280/4980, Picikli and tiny Bringo chariot (for two children) HUF1280/2180, electrical roller or Small electric motorbike (for one child) or Bringo electric chariot (for up to 2 children) all three for same price HUF2180/3480, Electric car (for up to 2 children) 2180/3.480, Bicycle HUF690/990 (for each additional hour. extra HUF200), Rental fee for the whole day: HUF2.800 / bike..
- Horse-drawn chariot (Lovas hintó), Margaret Island (Stations in two locations.). Guided tour or joyride. Rental.
- Small train (Margitszigeti Sétajárat, Kisvonat), Margaret Island, ☎ +36 30 932-7219, fax: +36 1 370-4508, e-mail: email@example.com. Apr-Oct daily 09.00-17.00. Guided tour. Diesel train with three cars max. capacity 48 pax. Adult HUF1200, age between 2-10 years HUF750, full train rental HUF25000 per hour.
- Theater Boat Service to the Margaret Island, Margaret Island, ☎ +36 1 4844013 (MAHART), +36 1 301-0147 (Szabad Tér Ticket Office). May-Aug: Daily depart, In Sept only weekend. Start from Vigadó square (downtown) passing M2 Batthyány square Tickets can buy at the ticket office of Szabad Tér Színház, VI. Nagymezo utca 68., Tel. +36-1 301-0147, M-F 09.00–17.00, online ticket sales and timetable.
- Sétacikli (lit. Walking cycle), Margaret Island (Located at two places #1 west of the Water Tower, mid part of the Island; #2 before Athletics Centre, south part of the Island), ☎ +36 30 9666453, +36 30 6511516. Rental vehicles (0.5 hours / 1 hour). Child car (for one or two children) HUF1200/1800, Adult car (three or four wheels, for two person) HUF1400 / 2400 Double car (four adults) HUF2000 / 3000 Family car (for two adults and two children) HUF1800 / 2800, simple bike HUF500 / 700.
Angyalföld (lit. Place of Angel) is traditional name of the district 13th. The postal code is H-113X. Since 2o13 Margaret Island was a part of its. Neighborhoods of its is Angyalföld, Újlipótváros, Vizafogó. The southern part of Újlipótváros built in around 1900, the architecture is a major tourist attraction in the area.
- Church of Saint Margaret of Hungary (Árpád-házi Szent Margit-templom, Lehel téri templom), XIII. Lehel tér 1 / Váci út 34 (: Lehel tér station), ☎ +36 20 7753462, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Commonly called as Lehel church. Built in 1933. In it took up the name of Margaret, after canonization.
- Lady of Mount Carmel church and monastery (Kármelhegyi Boldogasszony kármelita templom és rendház), XIII. Huba utca 12 (: Dózsa György út 300 m), ☎ +36 1 3408109, e-mail: email@example.com. Masses Weekdays and Sat 7:00, 18:00, Sun 9:00, 10:30, 18:00. Every day, 16:50, 17:30.. The monastery and chapel designed by the main architect of Budapest in 1895. The consecration was held in 1896. The church was inaugurated on 15 October 1899, at which Emperor Franz Joseph I also participated. A local master all bricklayer and stonemason work undertaken. The main altar depicts Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Hu:Kármelhegyi Boldogasszony) as submit to St. Simon, the shoulder dress, the Scapulary. The side altars show Heart of Jesus, Saint Anthony of Padua, Our Lady of Sorrows, Saint Stephen, Saint Teresa of Avila, St. Joseph and the Infant Jesus of Prague and Thérèse of Lisieux.
- Angyalföldi St. Ladislaus Parish Church (Angyalföldi Szent László-plébániatemplom), XIII. Béke tér 1/a (From : Lehel tér take tram 14 to Béke tér), ☎ +36 1 3400666, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Masses M-W 7:30, We-Sa 18:00, Su 07:30, 09: 00*, 10:30 and 18:00. Buiilt in Gothic-style. A Latin cross plan, three-nave church with a semicircular apse. It has a main tower with two smaller ones and also a Hussar tower. The bronze Stations of the Cross images made by a local artist. The pulpit was made of Rușchița marble (Caraș-Severin County, Romania). The three-manual organ made in 1942, by the Rákosfalva's (a district of Budapest/East_Pest ) Rieger company. The jewel of interior is three triptych, which were made between 1939-1942, C. Paul Molnar works. The main altar paintings depicting scenes from the life of Saint Ladislaus.
- Parish Church of the help of Mary Christians (Külsőangyalföldi Mária Keresztények Segítsége plébániatemplom), XIII. Rokolya u. 28 (From : Keleti pályaudvar take bus 30, 30A, 230 to stop Rokolya utca). Built in 1943, the bell tower just in 1946.
- St. Augustine's Chapel (Szent Ágoston-kápolna), XIII. Pozsonyi út 14. (D11, D12 'Jászai Mari tér (Margit híd)' pier, or tram 4, 6 to 'Jászai Mari tér'). - 1950
- Reformed Church of the Budapest-Angyalföldi Congregation (Budapest-Angyalföldi Református Egyházközség temploma), XIII. Frangepán u. 43 (: Lehel tér further tram 14 to Frangepán utca or Take Metro line 3 to stop Árpád híd further bus 120, 32. or Take tram 14 to stop Frangepán Street (corner of Béke St and Frangepán St.) walk two min. or Take bus 120 to stop Petneházy Street (corner Röppentyű St and Petneházy St) further walk two min. or Take bus 32 to stop Fay Street (corner Röppentyű St and Fay St) walk two min.), ☎ +36 1 3508659, fax: +36 1 3508659, e-mail: email@example.com. Worship every Sunday at 10:00. If the church closed ask the key for Clergyman's office: M 14:00-17:00, W 09:00-12:00 and 14:00-17:00, F 09:00-12:00. The congregation was founded in 1911 as a mission parish. The church was built between 1927-33 by the plans two local architects. A 490 kg bell can be find on the tower. The two-manual organ has sixteen register, try to enjoy a organ mass. Free of charge.
- Reformed Church at the Pozsonyi road (Church of “Thanksgiving”, Pozsonyi úti református templom), XIII. Pozsonyi út 58 (Bus 15, 115 to stop Gogol utca. The church is accessible trolley bus #75, #76 Metro Line 3: Lehel Square further on foot along the Gogol street to Pozsonyi Rd) or 4 and 6 tram #4, 6 to Jászai Mari Square further foot or take trolley #75).), ☎ +36 1 3294062, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Office: M F 10: 00-12: 00, M W F 17:00-18: 00. This Protestant church consecrated in 1940. A stage and meeting rooms,-same size as the church floor,-can be find under the building. Here,-in Pozsonyi Road Cultural Centre,-various events will be held today.
- Angyalföld Lutheran church (Angyalföldi evangélikus templom), XIII. Kassák Lajos u. 22 (Walking distance from : 'Dózsa György út' or M3: 'Lehel tér'. Close to Taksony St corner), ☎ +36 1 3208207, +36 20 824-4138, e-mail: email@example.com. Worship: Every Sunday at 10 o'clock. Lutheran Church of the Budapest-Angyalföldi Congregation stay on the Angyalfold Kassák street since 1938. The Second World War brought massive destruction. After the war finished church bell is now the largest Protestant bell on the Pest side. The gray-colored church shows classicist elements.The facade facing toward Kassák street is square-shaped, with little decoration, the entrance is in the middle of its, a small circular window can be see both sides of the gate. Above the entrance is a semi-circular window. The facade crowned by a pediment in the middle of its a circular window and with stone garland decoration .
- Former Arena synagogue (Aréna úti zsinagóga), XIII. Dózsa György út, 55. (From : Hősők ter take trolley 75, 79 to stop Kassák Lajos utca), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Former Dózsa György road was called Aréna road, for this reason the name Arena. Built in 1909. Today here is the fencing hall of the Budapest Honved Sport Club.
- Hegedűs Gyula Street's Synagogue (Hegedűs Gyula utcai zsinagóga), XIII. Hegedűs Gyula utca, 3. (From : Gyöngyösi utca take bus 15 or From : Árpád híd take bus 115 both to stop Szent István körút), ☎ +36 1 349-3120. - Built in 1911, based on the plans of Béla Vajda. In 1927 Baumhorn`s Leopold,-famous synagogue architect,-expanded the church.
- Visegrad Street's Synagogue (Visegrádi utcai zsinagóga), XIII. Visegrádi utca 3 (: Nyugati pályaudvar). At the end of 1940's, a former large apartment, trasformed into a prayer house. Recently renovated, it’s main attraction is the lavishly decorated Aron HaKodesh (Torah ark). The main sights of prayer room: the Torah Cabinet,-painted with white-gold-blue semicircle decorated with radial motifs,- and the framed stone slabs above the Cabinet
- Kingdom Hall (Királyság-terem). - A five level religious complex. Built to the local Jehovah's Witnesses community
- National Center of the Hungarian Islamic Community (Magyar Iszlám Közösség országos központja), XIII. Róbert Károly körút 104. (Take bus 20E, 30, 30A, 230, or tram 1 to stop Vágány utca / Róbert Károly körút).
- St. Michael's Parish Church (Külső Váci úti Szent Mihály-plébániatemplom), XIII. Babér u. 17/b. (From : Árpád híd bus 120 to Fiastyúk utca), ☎ +36 1 350 6371, e-mail: email@example.com. Services - at 9:00 , 10:30, and 18:30 - the Holy Mass at 7:00 from second half of June will be held.. Built in neoroman style sacrified in 1930. The painted glass windows of the church are show the most famous Hungarian saints. The two side altars made honor to Heart of Jesus and the Virgin Mary's. The glory of Jesus Christ can be seen on the apse fresco. The Lamb is shown above the altar on the coffered ceiling. The colored pieces of glass of organ loft show historical coat of arms surrounded the capital city coat of arms. The celebrating sacred altar decorated with Ambo (a raised stand) and enamel plate cross.The top light symbolizes the intertwined triple circle of the Holy Trinity. The light refers to the sacrament of baptism.The main altarpiece is an enamel picture, which depicts the three main angels. In the sacristy stay the original wood altar (1920s). August 15, 1995 consecrated urn cemetery under the church. Free of charge.
- Ferenc Koka collection (Kóka Ferenc Gyűjteménye), XIII. Visegrádi utca 6. (: Nyugati pályaudvar station. Bus 15, 115 to stop 'Szent István körút'), ☎ +36 1 3293596. Opening hours: Mo-Su 15:00-19:00. exhibition about the permanent collection of Ferenc Koka- paintings, pastels, drawings
- Danube Gallery (Duna Galéria), XIII. Pannónia utca 95 (Three blocks west of metro 3 Dózsa György út. - Pannónia utca and Dráva utca corner), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours: Tu-Su 10:00-18:00. Contemporary art and design exhibitions
- Pinball Museum (Flipper Múzeum), XIII. Radnóti Miklós utca 18 (Bus 15, 115 to stop 'Radnóti Miklós utca' 100m away or M3: Nyugati pályaudvar station. 600m.), ☎ +36 30 9006091, e-mail: email@example.com. W-Fr 4pm-midnight, Sa 2pm-midnight, Su 10am-10pm. A museum of pinball machines with 130 playable machines new and old. All games are set to free mode, so no coins are required. Includes machines from the late 19th century until today. HUF2500.
- Hungarian Rock Hall of Fame (MagyaRock Hírességek Csarnoka), XIII. Kárpát utca 23. (From M3: Dózsa György út half km SW. Located in Radnóti Miklós Cultural Center), ☎ +36 1 3986290, +36 30 4221640 (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Sa 10:00-18:00, Su 10:00-18:00. A famous samurai head T-shirt of Béla Radics, a number of guitar and drum set, "contemporary" and recorders, microphones, first and last guitars of Levente Szörényi, Omega band smoke machine, the studio of Radio Free Europe, as well as a significant figure in the local music scene for portraits and relics. HUF1000 with photo permit.
- Angyalföldi Local History Collection (Angyalföldi Helytörténeti Gyűjtemény), XIII. József Attila tér 4., ☎ +36 1 3203842, e-mail: email@example.com. Opening hours: Tu-F 10:00-18:00, Sa 15:00-19:00, on the 13th day of each month: 10:00-22:00. The nearly 20,000-piece collection of objects contents mainly furniture, everyday use items, pieces of clothing, home textiles, tools, memorabilia. Archival Material (7,000 items) consists certificates, passports, official documents, letters, working papers. Data Archives (600 archival units) are historical descriptions, manuscript entries, paper, studies. There are about 13,000 pieces tiny print. Mainly printed invitations, ads, flyers, handouts are there from various institutions of the district. Postcard collection consists about 4,000 pieces, but among these very few has district relevance. The Photo Gallery contains nearly 22,000 pieces in these B & W and color prints, photocopies, slides, negatives and reproductions from other Photo Archives. Significant the history of technology collection, especially the old radios. The numismatic collection includes about 1,400 pieces of badges, medals. In the 2,300-volume library collected books related to the district, historiography, Budapest's history manuals, bibliographies. Here collecting 14 kinds of newspaper, magazine (district newspapers, utility boards, as well as local history, museology, protected city-related magazines).
- Újlipótvárosi Club Gallery (Újlipótvárosi Klub-Galéria), XIII. Tátra utca 20/b (: Dózsa György or Take Trolley 75, 76 to stop 'Radnóti Miklós utca'), ☎ +36 1 320 5380, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours: Weekdays: 14:00-20:00. Periodically changing fine art and applied art exhibitions. Also literary, musical events will be held here.
- Studio 1900 Gallery (Studio 1900 Galéria), XIII. Balzac utca 30. (Bus 15, 115 to stop 'Radnóti Miklós utca' 100m away or : Nyugati pályaudvar station. 800m. or M3: 'Lehel tér' further walk to Hegedus Gyula street corner), ☎ +36 1 3295553, e-mail: email@example.com. M-F 10:00-18:00. Contemporary art exhibitions and shopping.
- Town Hall Gallery (Városház Galéria), XIII. Béke tér
- Lehel Hall (Lehel Csarnok, Lehel téri piac), XIII. Lehel tér (: Lehel tér station). - A covered multilevel marketplace. Because its form, colloquially known as 'Kofahajó' (Ship for retailers without shop), Built in 2000-2002, in postmodern style. Before 1890 here was a cemetery. Later was a lumberyard, thereafter since early 1900's an open air market. There are now four above-ground and one underground level. The building frame and the glass roof reminds market hall from around 1900. This look like a ship because on eastern side (Park side) lined circular floor windows (cuiser cabin window) and the oblique flag rod (foremast) at the main entrance of the hall. A myriad of colors surrounded the visitors - mainly red, yellow and blue, (which are the colors of the flag of the capital) plus besides these lot of the green painting (all street furniture and pavilion).
- Margaret Bridge (Margit-híd, sometimes Margit Bridge), Jászai Mari tér and Germanus Gyula park (Tram 4, 6), ☎ +36 1 2254800. 24/7. Margaret Bridge is a three-way bridge connecting Óbuda and northern end of 'Grand Boulevard' of Pest across the Danube. It is the second northernmost public road bridge in Budapest. It was designed by French engineer and built also a French construction company between 1872–1876. Margaret Bridge is the second permanent bridge in Budapest after Széchenyi Chain Bridge. This bridge leads up to Margaret Island, its two parts enclosing 165 degrees with each other at the embranchment towards the island for the fact the small extension to connect to Margaret Island was hastily inserted into the original design Free.
- Witch Museum (Boszorkánymúzeum), Visegrádi út 16 (M3: Nyugati tér plus walk five min), ☎ +36 20 6185432, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours: M 20: 30-22: 00 Sa 13:00-15:30; 20:30-22: 00 W 13:00-17:30; 20:30-22:00 Th 13:00-19:00; 21:00-22:30 F 13:00-22:00 Sa 13:00-22: 00 Su closed. Only guided tours.. A Hungarian witch is the exhibition guide. Who will present the exhibition devices, the history of witchcraft, and respond to questions. Interactive exhibition, some of the objects can hand-held and can be tested. About 1 hour long the program. HUF800-2000.
Margaret Island (Margitsziget)
- Margaret Island (Margitsziget, ancient latein: Insula leporum (Island of Rabbits)., mediaval: Ujvalvijifche, Nagyboldogasszony-sziget, Úr-sziget, Budai-sziget, Dunai-sziget, Nádor-sziget,Palatinus-sziget), Margitsziget, Pest? (From 'Széll Kálmán tér' tram: 4 or 6 to 'Margaret Island' stop and walk in acrooss the two lanes wide bridge consol OR from Metro Nyugati tér take bus 26 which stops several times on the Island). 24/7. Margaret Island is connected to the city by Árpád Bridge to the north and Margaret Bridge to the south. - The island is mostly covered by landscape parks, and is a popular recreational area. Its medieval ruins are reminders of its importance in the Middle Ages as a religious centre. You can stroll for hours in its large parks. There are Sportcomplex, Outdoor 'Palatinus' bath, minizoo, flower garden, two hotels, pubs. and several clubs and restaurants. - For exploration and pastime, four-person cycle cars or small electric cars can be rented for use on the area of the island. Sights on a map . Free.
- Alfréd Hajós sports pool (Nemzeti Sportuszoda), Margaret Island, Hajós Alfréd sétány (Take bus 26 to stop Hajós Alfréd uszoda). An aquatics complex. Built in 1930 according to plan Alfréd Hajós. as a free-standing, flat-roofed, reinforced concrete building. The open air swimming pool built in seven years later. The hall is include elliptical holders. The corners of the east and west facades of the main part decorated with semicirculared avant-corps. The most part of the facede covered with Clinker bricks and decorated with artificial stone's window sill. North from the buildings are pools with diving tower and grandstand for spectators. Under the grandstand can be found the changing rooms. - Both sides of the main facades located flagpoles with carved sedge leaf. There is an archway front of the west facade. Stairs lead to the grandstands from both end of the foyer. Under the gallery of the north side of the building is a small indoor pool. - Where the European LC Championships 1958, 2006 and 2010 took place. See in do chapter.
- Bringo Castle (Bringóhintó, Bringóvár), Margaret Island, Hajós Alfréd sétány 1, ☎ +36 1 329 3953. 8.00-sunset. Built in 1991. A storage for rentable 'bringo' chariots, bicycles, electric toys, roller skates. Also there is a panorama snack bar, ice cream parlor, gift shop and information unit. - Electric Car and Electric Scooter renting also possible at Centennial Memorial and/or Thermal Hotel. Rentals See in above the special transport chapter.
- Centennial Memorial (Centenáriumi emlékmű), Margaret Island (Opposiite the Athletic Centre). Made in 1972 by by István Kiss. Commemorating the hundredth anniversary of the city's unification
- Danubius Grand Hotel/Thermal Hotel Margitsziget (Nagyszálló), Margaret Island, Zielinski Szilárd sétány (northern end of the Margaret Island (Margitsziget), Bus 26 from : Nyugati or Bus 34, 106 from : Árpád híd or tram: 1), ☎ +36 1 889 4700, fax: +36 1 889-4939, e-mail: email@example.com. Built in the fin de siècle. circa 1873. Deesigned by Miklós. Rebuilt in 1986, renewed in 2000. A four star luxury hotel which is connectud with the next Thermal Hotel by underground's tunnel See more in do chapter.
- Japanese Garden (Japán kert), Margaret Island (West of the Grand Hotel). A small garden with a mildly thermal fish pond. More pics.
- Public ZOO (Vadaskert), Margaret Island (East of Rose Garden). 24/7. A tiny zoo featuring a wide range of exotic waterfowl among other animals; area of its cca. 5200sqm. Domestic, forest and exotic animals livivng here. Free.
- Music Well (Zenélő kút, Bodor-kút), Margaret Island (Northern part of the Island. Close to Árpád bridge and to Japanese Garden). A small pavilion, which was originally built for open-air concerts. A protected UNESCO site. This is traditionally know as "musical fountain" one of the main attraction of the island. There are hidden speakers. A typical 1900s background music can be heard at every hour (o'clock).
- Music Fountain (Zenélő szökőkút, Margitszigeti szökőkút), Margaret Island (Located in the southern part of the Margaret Island, close to Margaret bridge). This is a fountain. In nearby music is played and light shows are performed in summer. The water springs out according to music, so that the fountain seems to dance at the various classical themes reproduced. The last piece played is Con te partirò sung by Andrea Bocelli. This is Hungary's largest,-in the summer,-musical fountain. It has a diameter of 36 meters, the central jetlope up in height over 25 meters.
- Water Tower (Margit-szigeti víztorony, Kilátó Galéria), Margaret Island (Bus 26 to stop Szabadtéri Színpad). The exhibition hall open only from May to Oct. An industrial monument building, octagonal Water Tower of 57 m (built in Art Nouveau style in 1911 . It was the first reinforced concrete building in the country. Today functioning as a lookout tower with amazing view and an exhibition hall (called Kilátó Galéria,- lit. Outlook Gallery- the country’s first visual exhibition hall). A protected UNESCO site. 360 degrees panorama dome hall, unmatched Art Nouveau curved staircase, exhibitions of contemporary artists seven days a week. - Saturday nights concerts: folk, jazz, swing, soul.
- Rose Garden (Rózsakert), Margaret Island (bus 26 to stop Palatinus strand). 24/7. A nice place for sitting, sunbathing, relaxing. Free.
- The Palatinus Outdoor Baths (Palatinus Strandfürdő), Margaret Island (Margitsziget), Soó Rezső sétány (: Nyugati further Bus 26 on the Margaret Island (Margitsziget) or tram: 4, 6 further Bus 26), ☎ +361 236 0040. Protected monument. - Built by Istvan Janaky in1937. - The one-story, flat-roofed dressing complex consists: two rectangular buildings connected by an two storey, columned,- open from street front,- hall with gallery. There is two spiral case, these lead to the western front terrace. The pools of the beach is: an octagonal fountain pool (located at the entrance), wave pool (is on south), a big pool (is north of the fountain pool), an thermal water pool (further north). - There is a Snack Bar (on Danube side of the Big Pool). - In front of the entrance is the Sun Girl / Combing Woman (Napozó lány / Fésülködő nő) stone sculpture made by Géza Csorba, in 1937, recarved after 1945. - Many works of art located in the beach area: Mother with child (made in stone, by Sandor Farkas Boldogfai, at the axis of the entrance) , a well decorated with a woman holding a jug (by Peter Laszlo, north of the dressing room building), shells decorations (Sandor Kiss, at the south side corners of the Big Pool), five bronze gargoyle heads (by Sandor Kiss, in 1967, at the north side of the Big Pool), a mosaic (1967, at the south end of the Wave Pool). See in do chapter.
- Thermal Hotel Margitsziget, Margaret Island (Northern end of the Margaret Island (Margitsziget), Bus 26 from : Nyugati or Bus 34, 106 from : Árpád híd or tram: 1). A modern hotel with thermal spa and various medical services. - This was the first Spa hotel on the World which built in a capital. Opened in 1979. This a four star hotel. In the nearby can be found a estaurant, playground, tenis court and the Alfréd Hajós sports pool About the prices read in sleep chapter.
- Former Casino (Kaszinó, Margitszigeti Nagyvendéglő)), Margaret Island. Palatine Joseph ordering to built a Grange in this place at the beginning of the century 19th. This bcomplex include four building. In 1867 Miklos Ybl rebuilt these buildings for the Lower Island's big tavern (Alsószigeti Nagyvendéglő). In 1937 named it to Casino. In the WW2 heavy demaged renovated in 1947-48. Reopened in 1949. The last couple years ago it was abandoned. Planned to reopen after restored to its original form.
- Margaret Island's Shooting Range (Margitszigeti HM Lőtér), Margaret Island (North of Arpad Bridge). Closed to public use. A sport shooting range. The operator is the Faculty of Military Engineering of Miklos Bolyai College which is part of the Miklós Zrinyi National Defence University.
- Remains of the Dominican Monastery and Church (Domonkos Apácák Kolostorának és Templomának romjai), Margaret Island, Művész sétány walkway (East 300m from Palatinus Beach), ☎ +36 1 2254800. King Imre (1196-1204) on the highest part of eastern side of the island mansion built in around 1200, it was a castle-like building, later a church was built next to the Royal manor house. Here started to build a monastery for Margaret Princess ordered by his father, IV.Bela King. This monastery was one of the most important nun's convent of th medieval Hungary. It was built between 1246-55. The monastery almost three centuries long flourished. Used for Royal Cemetery here resting King Stephen V's wife, Elizabeth near to the tomb of King Stephen V. and Margaret (she was canonized seven hundred years later in 1944). Over next the two centuries, almost completely destroyed the peoples who lived here moved to Kőszeg. The layout of the complex followed by Cistercian form. The monastery stood on the south side, here was located the chapter room, the Dormitory, the refectory and the kitchen. West of the monastery was built the hospital and a chapel (made in the end of the 13th century), it was built for pilgrims. The guest house was the dwelling place to members of the royal family. Margaret's tomb was placed in the church sanctuary, in line of the triumphal arch and surrounded by walls. The tomb was built in 1271, Lombard sculptors made of red marble. In 1335 was the new white marble monument erected by an Italian sculptor. This was built behind the shrine, protecting from the pilgrims. A significant part of the monastery and its associated buildings are still undiscovered.
- Premonstratensian church (Church of St. Michael. Hu: Margitszigeti premontrei Szent Mihály-templom és Kolostor romjai), Margaret Island, Zielinski Szilárd sétány (: Nyugati tér further take bus 26 to Szabadtéri Színpad. Close to Remains of the Dominican Monastery), ☎ +36 1 2254800. A Romanesque single nave church. Named after Michael, the archangel. Built in the 13th century. During the Turkish occupation caduceus. In 1920s uncovered. Partly reconstructed between 1930-32. One of Hungary's oldest bell,-in the 15th century,-is located in the tower. The church was originally built with an eight-meter wide and twelve meter long nave, at the end with a semicircular, east-west sanctuary. Next to the church was a 15th-century chapel, which is made up the sacristy of the preent church.
- The ruins of a Margaret Island's Franciscan church (Margit-szigeti Ferences kolostor romjai) (SW 200m from Rose Garden). Built in 13th century. The remaining parts of the monastery is: Gothic facade of the church, one wall of its, the monastic cemetery and the cemetery chapel.
This is traditional name of the IV. district. The postal code is H-104X.
- Ady Endre Cultural Center and Theatre (Ady Endre Művelődési Ház, Újpest Színház), IV. Tavasz u. 4 (: Újpest-Központ), ☎ +36 1 231-6000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Loverseny Square Community House (Lóverseny tér Közösségi ház), IV. Lóverseny tér 6. (tram: 14 to stop 'Óceán árok'), ☎ +36 1 380-6760, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Local History Collection of Újpest (Újpesti Helytörténeti Gyűjtemény), IV. Berda József utca 48. (: Újpest-Központ further tram: 12, 14 to 'Tél utca'), ☎ +36 1 370-0652, fax: +36 1 3695351, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours: Tu-F 10:00-17:00, Sat 10:00-14:00. The local history collection shows the history of Újpest. The exhibition can be viewed from the town's articles of association, Lajos Kossuth (former governor) honorary citizen charter, historical maps, 1906, military-style saddle and the Guild flag of carpenters. Admission: Free.
- Wax Cultural factory (WAX KULTÚRGYÁR), IV. József Attila u. 4-6 (: Újpest-Városkapu), ☎ +36 1 786 6041, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Karinthy Frigyes Cultural Center (Karinthy Frigyes Művelődési Ház), IV.Hajló utca 2-8. (: Újpest-Központ further tram: 14 to stop 'Óceán árok'), ☎ +36 1 380-6163, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Pest Galerie (http://ujkk.hu/1/index.php/polgar-centrum.html), IV. Árpád út 66. (: Újpest-Központ), ☎ +36 1 379-3114, e-mail: email@example.com. Opening hours of exhibition halls: Tu-F 11-18, Sa 9-18. Su Mo closed.. The Újpest gallery is a branch of the Ady Endre Cultural Center. Hungarian and international contemporary art exhibitions are shown here. Periodic,-architecture, photography and applied art,-exhibitions.
- CLARISSEUM ( Saint Stephen ) Parish (CLARISSEUM ( Szent István király ) Plébánia), IV. Árpád út 199. (: Újpest-Központ further bus 104, 121, 170 to 'Viztorony'), ☎ +36 1 369-1904, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holy Trinity Parish of Kaposztasmegyer (Káposztásmegyeri Szentháromság Plébánia), IV. Tóth Aladár u. 2-4 entry from Nádasdy Kálmán u. 2-4 (: Újpest-Központ further tram 14 to 'Járműtelep utca'), ☎ +36 1 230-2687, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Saint Stephen Parish of Újpest-Kertváros (Újpest- Kertvárosi Szent István Plébánia), IV. Rákóczi tér 4-8 (From : Keleti take bus 20E to 'Szent László tér'), ☎ +36 1 369-0393, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. built in neo-Romanesque style between 1942 and 1946
- Megyer Parish (Megyeri Plebania), IV. Aschner Lipót tér 10 (Bus 96, 122, 147, 196 to stop Aschner Lipót tér walk 50m, or Bus 30, 30A, 96, 230 to stop 'Megyeri út (Fóti út)' 150m), ☎ +36 1 231-0603, e-mail: email@example.com.
- St. Joseph Parish and Church (Szent József plébánia és Egyházközség), IV. Nap utca. 15 (From : 'Újpest-Központ' take Tram 1, 12, 14 to 'Angyalföld kocsiszín'), ☎ +36 1 389-0381, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Queen of Heavens Parish (Újpesti Egek Kiralynéja Főplébánia), IV. Szent István tér 13 (Located behind City Hall. - : Újpest-Központ), ☎ +36 1 369-28-95, e-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Masses: Su 9:00, 11:00, 18:00, Mo Tu We 18:00 Th 7:30 Fr 7:30, 17:30, 18:00, Sa 7:30, 8:00-12:00, 18:00,. It was the first Catholic church in the township. Located in historic Újpest neighborhoods of District 4th. The parish building was built in 1873, and with it, a school building as well. The parish church was built up between 1875 and 1881. The tower and the two side nave built before the WWI.
- Greek Catholic Church of Ujpest (Újpesti GöRÖG Katolikus Templom), IV. Árpád út 67. 1st.fl. Apt.7 (-: Újpest-Központ), ☎ +36 20 370-8030, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Újpest Reformed Church (Újpesti-Belsővárosi Református Templom), IV. Szent István tér 24 (: Újpest-Központ 300m), ☎ +36 1 369-6222, +36 30 218 9569 (Mobil), e-mail: email@example.com. ministry open : Non summer (summer) Mo 10.30-13:00 (9:00-13:00); Tu 9:00-13:00 (closed); Th 14:00-18:00, (14:00-18:00); F 9:00-13:00 (closed). The Community of Budapest-Újpest Inner City Reformed Church or the 'Congregation' is date back to year 1873. The church was built in 1878; then turn completed the vicarage, the church house and other buildings. Simple, airy, light inside room.
- Reformed Church of Káposztásmegyer (Káposztásmegyeri Református Templom), IV. Bőröndös u. 17. (: Újpest-Központ further tram: 14 to 'Bőröndös utca'), ☎ +36 1 230-4530, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presbyterian Church of Ujpest-Ujváros (Újpest-Újvárosi Református Templom), IV. Attila u. 118. (: Újpest-Központ further 30, 30A to 'Nádor utca'), ☎ +36 1 369-8446, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Lutheran church of Ujpest (Újpesti Evangélikus Templom), IV. Lebstück Mária u. 36-38. (: Újpest-Központ 500m), ☎ +36 20-824-4138, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. A modern renaissance, single nave, mid-tower church. Built in in 1874, to height of the neighboring houses used bricks. The bell tower is made of iron. Enlarged in 1902. Its present form won in 1911. Entrance faced to the Lebstück Maria St. Inside one of the main sight is the Mauracher organ in 1928.
- Baptist Church of Ujpest (Újpesti Baptista Gyülekezet), IV.Kassai u. 26. (: Újpest-Központ 300m), ☎ +36 1 272-0433, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Ujpest-Rakospalota synagogue (Újpest-Rákospalota zsinagóga), IV. Berzeviczy Gregory Street (Berzeviczy Gergely utca), 8 (: Újpest-Központ 500m), ☎ +36 1 369-0827, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. is a Neolog Judaism synagogue. The Romantic-style edifice was built in 1866 and holds 1,000 seats. The memorial, which was unveiled by Hungarian President Zoltán Tildy, is a wall with names of the 17,000 Jewish Ujpest residents that were victims of the Holocaus
- Seventh-day Adventist Church of Ujpest (Hetednapi Adventista Egyház Újpesti Gyülekezete), IV. Kordován tér 10. (: Újpest-Központ further Tram 14 to 'Bőröndös utca'), ☎ +36 30-664-3282, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Mantra Buddhist Community (Mantra buddhista Egyházközség), IV. Szent László tér 7 (Bus 96 to 'Szent László tér'), ☎ +36 1 780-3269, +36 20 437-1564, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Water Tower (Víztorony), IV. Arpad út, ~187 (: Újpest-Központ further bus 104, 104A, 170, 204 to 'Víztorony'). 24/7 outside. This is a symbol of Ujpest district. Built in 1911-12, by plans of Mihailich Gyozo and Dummerling Odon. The water tower of Ujpest is a 1,500m³, built by a so-called 'Intze system iron-based pool', that is 15m in diameter. The water tower foundation is a 19m diameter and 2.40m thick concrete slab. Bottom of the tower,-the main load-bearing section,- partly made of a brick wall, and its sizes internal diameter: 9.50m, Wall thickness: 1.80m. Free.
- Megyeri Cemetery (Megyeri úti (Újpest) temető), IV. Megyeri út 49 (: Újpest-Központ further bus 30, 30A 'Megyeri temető'), ☎ +36 1 435 6060, e-mail: email@example.com. Jan, Feb, Oct 07:30-17:00, Mar 07:00-17:30, Apr, Aug 07:00-19:00, May-Jul 07:00-20:00, Sep 07:00-18:00, Nov-Dec 07:30-17:00. Opened in 1921. The territory former was part of Foti Rd's estate of count Laszlo Karolyi. The traffic is served on the nearby tram line. Today's funeral home was built in the early 1940s. From 1922 worked a horticulture in cemetery. The extra plant materials,-above the local needs,- used in urban public parks.The horticulture discontinued at the end of the 80s, but instead was created two parcels traditional burial and cremation. The Central Cross, also known as the Cross of Everyone is located on the road which lead from the main entrance to the funeral home. Here visitors can make their piety, commemorating their away resting relatives. Tomb of some famous person: Lebstück Mary Hussar lieutenant, a hero of the War of 1848-49: (#26 Parcel), Dr. Gyula Ugró, the first mayor of Újpest (#20 Parcel), - Dr. Aladar Semsey Mayor (#22 Parcel), - Olivér Halassy, Olympic champion (#22 Parcel), - Lajos Mády, pastor of the Reformed Church (Megyeri Rd's crypt row), - Celestin Pally, painter (#16 Parcel), - Sebestyén Pécsi, organist: (#16 Parcel). - The Megyeri cemetery currently the fourth largest cemetery in Budapest based on territorially (27ha) and other aspects.
- World War I memorial in Újpest (I. világháborús emlékmű Újpesten), IV.Tanoda tér (: Újpest-Központ 200m). 24/7. Free.
- Historical tram depot in Újpest (Villamos kocsiszín), IV.Balzsam utca/Váci út 201 (: 'Újpest-Városkapu' 30m). Now is a supermarket.
- Tavern of Megyer (Megyeri Csárda), IV. Váci út 102-104 (: Újpest-Központ further Bus 104, 104A, 204 to 'Fóti út'). Protected monument
- Former Wolfner Leather Factory (Wolfner Bőrgyár), IV. József Attila u. 4-8. (: 'Újpest-Városkapu' 400m North).
- Courthouse of Ujpest district (Újpesti Bíróság), IV. Tavasz utca 21 (: Újpest-Központ), ☎ +36 1 231 6700.
- Stately (Újpesti) Department Store (Állami Áruház, Újpesti Áruház), István út 10 (: Újpest-Központ).
- Margitsziget Athletics Centre (MAC) (Iharos Sándor Margitszigeti Atlétikai Centrum), Margaret Island (Bus 26 to stop Margitsziget / Margit híd and walk ten mins.), ☎ +36 1 329 2788, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Su 6:00-22:00 (Apr-Oct), M-F 07:00-21:00, Sa, Su 07:00-20:00. Entry fee: HUF1000 . Includes access to: clocker room, washing facilities, lockers, gym, athletic-, street-ball-, foot tennis court and table tennis..
- Sandor Iharos Athletic Field (Iharos Sándor atlétikapálya), XIII. Tüzér utca (Csango utca corner. : Lehel tér further take tram 14 to stop Dózsa György út).
- Dagály Spa (Dagály Fürdő és Uszoda), XIII. Népfürdő u. 36 (: Árpad Híd, tram: 1, one stop toward Danube.), ☎ +36 1 452-4556, e-mail: email@example.com. Daily 06:00–20:00. There is an outdoor 50m lap pool open year round and a covered-in-winter 25m lap pool. There are 2 large outdoor hot baths. One heated to 33C and the other to 36C. In summer, several huge pools are also available and plenty of open grass and trees for sunbathing or shade. The architecture is classic modern. - One changes clothes in a small cubicle before passing through to the large unisex locker room. Be sure to bring some bath sandals to wear to the pool edge. The floors are not always clean. One sees lots of families here, elderly people and fitness swimmers. Staff do not speak English, but is helpful and patient. ~€8. full day, €6 after 16:00. An attendants lock your clothes in a locker. Tip HUF 100 on your way out..
- Danubius Grand Hotel/Thermal Hotel Margitsziget, Margaret Island (Margitsziget) (northern end of the Margaret Island (Margitsziget), Bus 26 from : Nyugati or Bus 34, 106 from : Árpád híd or tram: 1), ☎ +361 889-4700, fax: +36 1 889-4939, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. until 21:30. High-level and modern baths and spa also offers a great choice of medical treatment. There are two body-temperature soaking pools and a cold-water corridor with stones on the floor; one swimming pool; separate steam baths; common sauna. There's a drinking fountain with mineral water extremely rich in minerals--find on a way from baths to the gym. -Changing: Towels are handed at reception--without fee or deposit. Also, there seems to be bathrobes available for rent--ask at the reception. For changing clothes, only lockers are available, without attendant--you have a key. There's no cabins (as families typically live in the same hotel). Every shower cabin have a curtain, and there's some liquid soap available. - Visitors mix: Almost no locals; in New Year season (and 1-9 of May?) about 80% are Russians who are also residents of the hotel. Admission fee (5,700 HUF weekdays, 7,000 HUF weekends) doesn't limit your time inside, and gives access to all spa facilities including a great gym (remember to bring your fitness suit). Solarium and medical treatments should be paid separately, remember before entering the changing rooms (1,300 HUF for 10 minutes).-.
- The Palatinus Outdoor Baths (Palatinus Strandfürdő), Margaret Island (Margitsziget) (: Nyugati further Bus 26 on the Margaret Island (Margitsziget) or tram: 4, 6 further Bus 26), ☎ +361 236 0040, e-mail: email@example.com. have three pools filled with therapeutic water—and a total of 11 pools (totaling 17.5ha). In front of the baths is a beautiful rose garden, and nearby, an open-air stage where opera and ballet performances are held, plus an open-air cinema used during the summer. Services: Pedicure €6.5, Value Storage €2, Towel rental €1 (deposit: €4), Swimwear rental €3 (deposit: €9).Number of pools: 11. Wave pool, Thermal spa pool, Margaret pool, two Children's Pool, Teaching Pool, Adventure pool, Outdoor swimming pool, Slide Pool. Adult €9-11,student €6.5-7.3, adult afternoon from 16:00 €6.5.
- Halassy Olivér Swimming Pool (Halassy Olivér Uszoda, Újpest), IV.Tóth Aladár utca 16-18. (: Újpest-Központ further tram: 14 to 'Járműtelep utca'), ☎ +36 1 696 1641, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mo-Fr 6:00-20:00, Sa 8:00-20:00, Su 8:00-14:00.
- Halassy Olivér Sport Centrum, IV.Pozsonyi utca 4/C (: Újpest-Központ further tram: 12, 14 to 'Tél utca'), ☎ +36 1 369-2118, e-mail: email@example.com. Sports Hall: 06.00-23:30, Body room: 06:00-23:00, Bowling: 06:00-23:00, Small rooms (art movement, facing room): 06:00-23:00.
- Swimming Pool of Ujpest (Újpesti Uszoda), IV. Arpad út and Rozsa utca corner (: Újpest-Központ than any bus toward east 2 stops).
See chapter getting around
- Pozsonyi picnic (Pozsonyi piknik). So called 'Újlipótvárosi village day'. Budai-Nagy Antal utca - At the begin of September.
- Angyalföldi street party (Angyalföldi utcabál), Dagály utca. At the end of August. - Music and children's programs
- G1 Kart Center (Gokart Pálya), XIII.Róbert Károly körút 54-58 (tram: 1, 1A), ☎ +36 1 239 0743, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 15:00-22:00, Sa-Su 10:00-22:00. 8.5 horsepowers Hondas. €6 for eight min.
- People Island (Népsziget), IV. Zsilip út (: 'Újpest-Városkapu'). Walking, biking, relaxing. WWater sports. Angling.
- Park of Szent István (Szt. István park), XIII. Szt. István park (Tram 75, 76). 24/7. Monument area. More than three hectares. Build between 1930-1938. A recreation park with playgrounds, sports space, chess tables, ping-pong tables. Renovated and partly fenced about 10 years ago.The site also provides place for different cultural events, as the summer evening concert series. Also here can be found an over seventy years old mulberry hedge. Free except events.
- Öko Playground (Margitszigeti Öko Játszótér), Margaret Island (Northern tip). An environment friend place for kids. Free.
- Pbal Gallery: The Hungarian Pinball Museum (Flippermúzeum), Radnóti Miklós utca 18. (Near Budapest Western Railway Station and WestEnd Mall), ☎ +36 30 900 6091, e-mail: email@example.com. Wednesday to Sunday 16.00 - 24.00. A museum of pinball machines with 130 playable machines new and old. All games are set to free mode, so no coins are required. 2500 HUF.
- Ujpest Torna Egylet Tennis stadium (UTE teniszstadion), Margaret Island (North of Palatinus Beach). Temporarily Closed. Former owner was the UTE. Újpesti Torna Egylet (UTE) is a Hungarian sports society, based in Újpest. Some part of the place is dilapidated. Planned remodelling the all complex.
- Attila József Theatre (József Attila Színház), XIII. Váci út 63. (: Árpád híd metro station right there or tram 1 to stop 'Árpád híd M', bus 26 to stop 'Árpád híd M'), ☎ +36 1 270-7514, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Former Déryné Stage. Located in a building which originally built to culture house, and used as a chamber theater of the Comedy theater HUF1500-3500.
- Comedy Theatre (Vígszínház), XIII. Szent István körút 14. (Tram 4, 6), ☎ +36 1-329-2340, +36 80-204-443, e-mail: email@example.com. The Box Office open: 11:00-19:00.. One of the most popular and longest history theater in Budapest. It has three playground places,- the Big stage (Nagyszínpad), Studio and chamber named Home Stage (Házi Színpad nevű stúdió és kamarája), and the Pesti Theatre (Pesti Színház), -a total of more than 1,700 seats. Built in 1896, on the basis of a Viennese design agency, 'Fellner and Helmer'. Late historicism style. Baroque facade decoration with highlighted driveway. The large sizes, and the many decoration provide to the theater solemnity and elegance. From the ornate ground floor lobby decorated plenty of gold takes radial solution takes steps to the auditorium:to the first floor. Centrally located stairs with resting levels leads to the most important and most richly decorated box line. HUF1300-4000.
- Experidance Company (RaM Colosseum), XIII. Kárpát u. 23. (: Dózsa György út, : Lehel tér, bus 15 Tisza utca stop), ☎ +36 1 222 5254, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. At 15:00, or 19:00. This popular company performs Hungarian popular dances in modern conception. Performaces mostly in RaM Colosseum. ~HUF2800.
- Ram Colosseum, Újlipótvárosi Community House (Ram Colosseum, Újlipótvárosi Közösségi Ház Radnóti Miklós Művelődési Központ), XIII. Kárpát u. 23. (trolley 75, bus 133, bus 115 stops in the immediate vicinity of the building, or from : Dózsa metro station about 8min walk). A multi-cultural and leisure center in Újlipótváros quarter. The community center consists four wings, which are connected by a central plaza. The institution's five main unit includes: #a 600-seat auditorium. The oval hall Coliseum contents a 270-square-meter stage. The 'ExperiDance' production use most of the year the room. - In another wing of the building is a branch library of the Szabó Ervin Library. - In the same wing is the club for the elderly - A recreation center is part of a community house. This includes three large rooms and a couple outdoor sports courts - There is restaurant at Bessenyei street and Kárpát street corner.
- Open-air theatre (Margaret Island Open-air Stage, Margitszigeti Szabadtéri Színpad), Margaret Island, Zielinski Szilárd sétány (walkway) (South of Water Tower, Bus 26 to stop Szabadtéri Színpad), ☎ +36 1 340-4196. The accommodating an audience of 3300. - Built in 1938, according to plan of Peter Kaffka. In the WW2 heavy damaged, rebuilt in 1951. Since 1991 named Open Space Theatre (Szabad Tér Színház). - The programs of its: mainly opera, operetta, ballet and folklore music. One of the most popular outdoor playground in Hungary. - Margaret Terrace built in the 'cloister' of Open-air theatre, since 1993 here operates the Margaret Terrace Restaurant (Margit Terasz Étterem) which organizing musical clubnights.
- OTP Bank, IV. Erzsébet u. 50 (: Újpest-Központ station and walk or further bus 104 104A 120 170 204 950 950A 996 996A (one stop) to 'Erzsébet utca'), ☎ +36 1 366 6388, fax: +36 1 2312119. M 7:45-18:00 Tu, W, Th 07:45-17:00, F 7:45-16:00. Traded Currencies: USD, EUR, HRK. Other units in district 4th and 13th: IV. Árpád út 63-65., # IV. Kordován tér 4., # XIII. Babér u. 9., # XIII. Váci út 23-27., # XIII. Váci út 9-15., # XIII. Tátra u. 10., # XIII. Lehel utca 74-76., # XIII. Pozsonyi út 38., # XIII. Népfürdő u. 22. (Duna Tower).
- MKB Bank (Magyar Külkereskedelmi Bank), IV. Árpád út 183−185. (: Újpest-Központ station and walk or further bus 104, 104A, 170, 204, 950, 950A, 996, 996A to stop 'Víztorony'), ☎ +36 40 333666, e-mail: email@example.com. M-Th 10:00-18:00, F 10:00-17:00. +Other units: XIII. Váci út 178.(Duna Plaza Shopping Centre, first floor 35)., XIII. Dévai u. 23 - General branches M 08:00-17:30, Tu-Th 08:00-16:30, F 08:00-15:00, Central Business branches M-Th 10:00-18:00, F 10:00-17:00.
- Farmers Market of Ujpest (Újpesti Piac), IV. Szent István tér (: Újpest-Központ 300m).
- Lehel Market Hall (Lehel téri piac, Kofahajó), XIII. Váci út, 15-19 (: Lehel tér), ☎ +36 1 2886887. M-F 06:00-18:00, Sa 06:00-14:00, Su 06:00-13:00. Mostly fresh food products. Founded 1945, demolished 2000, rebulded 2002, for $ ~15 million. Four level building (2 of them parking). There are 349 tenant retail space, more than 80 small-scale producers, Post Office. The market itself is designed primarily housed on the ground floor and the first floor gallery. The underpass level used mainly for the landing of goods dealers, and also here operates the "small market". At the Small market, - as well as in the other end of the hall,- a supermarket works, also find here pastries and sweets shop, antique store and pub. This section opens directly to the m3 subway, and this part open longer than the 'upper' section. - The whole building is painted by a myriad of colors,- especially red, yellow and blue,- whhat are the colors of the capital.
Malls and department stores
- Árpád Shopping Center (Árpád Üzletház), IV, Árpád út 112. (: Újpest-Központ and walk or further bus 104, 104A, 170, 204, 950, 950A, 996, 996A to stop 'Árpád Üzletház'), ☎ +36 1 360 2266. CBA supermarket, Árpád Pharmacy
- Duna Plaza (Duna Pláza), XIII. Váci út 178 (: Gyöngyösi utca), ☎ +36 1 465 1666, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Restaurants, cafés: M-Sa 10:00-19:00 Shops: M-Sa 10:00-21:00 Su 10:00-19:00.
- British Store (Angol Élelmiszer Üzlet), XIII. Tátra utca 26. (Bus 15, 115 to stop Radnóti Miklós utca), ☎ +36 20 4147373. H-F 10:00-19:00, Sa 10:00-15:00. Traditional British Foods, Biscuits, Confectionary, Drinks, Teas, Second-Hand Products
- Mezzoforte Musical Instruments (Mezzoforte Hangszeráruház), XIII. Radnóti Miklós utca 25, (Bus 15, 115 to stop Radnóti Miklós utca), ☎ +36 1 788 7353, e-mail: email@example.com. M-F 10:00-18:00, Sa 10:00-13:30. Many type of musical instruments. English speaking staff.
- Mountex, XIII. Váci út 19 (One block north from Lehel Market Hall), ☎ +36 1 239 6050, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 10.00-19.00, Sa 10.00-18.00. Footwear, Backpack Bag. Hiking, camping goods. Climbing, sports and journey goods. Adventure, industrial alpin and boulder products. - English speaking staff.
- CBA Supermarket, IV. István utca (: Újpest-Központ 150m).
- Lidl discount store (Lidl diszkontáruház), XIII. Béke tér (: Lehel tér further tram 14 to stop Béke tér), ☎ +36 80 020534, fax: +36 1 3466010, e-mail: email@example.com. Daily 07:00-21:00. Discount store chain.
- Penny Market (Penny Market diszkontáruház), XIII. Jász utca 101-105. (bus 20E, 30, 30A, 230 to stop 'Futár utca'), ☎ +36 29 339345, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 07:00-21:00, Su 07:00-20:00. Discount store chain. More unit:IV. Váci Út 27-29. (M-Sa 07:00 - 20:00, Su 07:00-18:00)
- Real (Reál élelmiszer), IV. Szilágyi út 1. (T: 37 507020) (Near to Rákospalota-Újpest train station, : Újpest-Központ further tram 12 , 14 to stop Rákospalota-Újpest vasútállomás), e-mail: email@example.com. Daily. Discount store chain. More unit in district 13th: : XIII. Jászai Mari tér 5. (T: +36 20 9424630), Szent István krt. 6. (T: +36 1 4763685, +36 1 4763686), Gömb u. 2/a (T: +36 1 2370235), Fiastyúk u. 61. (T: +36 70 6328365).
- Spar supermarket (Spar szupermarket), XIII. Párkány utca 10. (: Arpad híd 500 m), ☎ +36 20 8237813, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 07.00-22.00, Sa 07.00-19.00, Su 08.00-18.00. Supermarket chain. More units in 4th and 13th districts: IV. Rózsa utca 77., (M-F 06.30-21.00, Sa 07.00-20.00, Su 08.00-18.00), IV. Rózsa utca 18., (M-F 06.30-21.00, Sa 6.30-18.00, Su 08.00-18.00), IV. István út 10.,(M-F 06.30-21.00, Sa 07.00-20.00, Su 07.00-17.00), IV. Tél utca 26., (M-F 06.30-21.00, Sa 06.30-18.00, Su 08.00-18.00), IV. Nap utca 16.,( M-F 06.30-21.00, Sa 06.30-20.00, Su 08.00-18.00), IV. Árpád út 183-185, ( M-F 07.00-22.00, Sa 07.00-19.00, Su 08.00-19.00), IV. Szent Imre utca 1.,( M-F 06.30-21.00, Sa 07.00-20.00, Su 07.00-18.00), IV. Kordován tér 12.,(M-F 06.30-21.00, Sa 06.30-19.00, V: 7.00-16.00), IV. Megyeri út 236.,(T.: +36 20 823 7137, M-F 06.30-21.00, Sa 06.30-19.00, Su 07.00-18.00), IV. Külső-Szilágyi út 46.,(M-F 07.00-21.00, Sa 07.00-18.00, Su 07.00-16.00.) - XIII. Gyöngyösi sétány 2., (M-F 07.00-22.00, Sa 07.00-20.00, Su 08.00-18.00), XIII. Országbíró út 38-42, (M-F 07.00-22.00, Sa 07.00-21.00, Su 08.00-19.00), XIII. Váci út 138/a., (M-F 06.30-21.00, Sa 06.30-17.00, Su closed).
- Baumax store (Baumax barkácsáruház), IV. Váci út 60-62 (Next to Tesco Graham). M-Sa 07:00-20.00, Su 08.00-18.00. Garden Centre, Paint Mixing Centre, Carpet Center, Building Material Centre more units- XVII. Pesti út 2 (M-Sa 07:00-20.00, Su 08.00-18.00), - XVIII. Üllői út 661. (M-Sa 07:00-20.00, Su 08.00-18.00), - XXI. Csepel, II. Rákóczi F. út 277. (M-Sa 07:00-20.00, Su 08.00-18.00)
- Kika Furniture Store (Kika bútoráruház), XIII. Lehel u. 51. (: Lehel tér further tram 14 to Róbert Károly körút, or M3 Árpád híd further take tram 1 to Lehel utca / Róbert Károly körút), ☎ +36 1 236-6300, fax: +36 1 3402932, e-mail: email@example.com. M-Sa 10:00-20:00, Su 10:00-19:00. Austrian furniture chain. Restaurant and cafe on the second floor.- 350 free parking spaces! Children's playground, child care, artificial embroidery, fruit and vegetable shop, grilled chicken stand.
- Tesco hypermarket (Tesco hipermarket), IV. Garam u. 3. (: Újpest-Városkapu), ☎ +36 20 8270000. daily 06:00-22:00. Services: Wi-Fi, Credit card payment, ATMs, meat countertop, fresh bakery products, F & F clothing department, gift package making and packaging, free parking, Home Delivery.
- Bambi Ice Cream (Bambi fagyizó), IV.Berda József utca 50-54. (: Újpest-Központ further tram: 14 to Tél utca), ☎ +36 30 566-5364. Daily 10.00-20.00.
- Vadgesztenye Confectionary (Vadgesztenye Cukrászda), IV. Telkes utca 14 (Telkes utca 14 and Vadgesztenye utca corner. - : Újpest-Központ further bus 220 to 'Nádor utca' or bus 96 to 'Bucka utca'), ☎ +36 1 233 1380. M-F 11:00-19:00, Sa,Su 10:00-19:00.
- Dunapark Cafe & Restaurant (Dunapark Kávéház), XIII. Pozsonyi út 38 (: Lehel tér), ☎ +36 1 786 1009, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 8:00-23:00, Sa 10:00-23:00, Su 10:00-22:00. A very noble café-restaurant, originally opened in 1937, for enjoying a coffee or cake, some food, and live piano music. Situated in the pleasant, though less touristy quarter of Újlipótváros quarter, District XIII. Soups €5, Sandwiches €8-11, Starters & Salads €6-11, Main Dishes €10-15.
|This page uses the following price ranges for a typical meal for one, including soft drink:|
- Álompalacsinta, XIII. Bulcsú utca 25a (Right north to Lehel Market Hall), ☎ +36 1 787 8228. A snack bar. Different pancakes and soft drinks.
- McDonald's Restaurant, West End, XIII.Szent ISTVÁN Krt 2 (: Lehel tér), ☎ +36 1 3398641. Daily 07:00-23:00. Wi-Fi. McReggeli)
- Lecso Fast food Restaurant (Lecsó Gyorsétterem), XIII. Szent István körút 10 (tram: 2, 4-6, to stop Jászai Mari tér, troli 75, bus to stop Tátra u. 206, 26 or from : Nyugati), ☎ +36 1 349 3580, e-mail: email@example.com. Su-Th 11.00-24.00, F-Sa 11.00-02.00.
- McDonald's Árpád út, IV. Árpád út 183-185. (: Újpest-Központ buses to east stop 'Víztorony'), ☎ +36 1 272 0105. 7:00-23:00, McDrive: 24/7. Other unit in IV. district Váci út 94-98. (Open 7:00-23:00, ☎+36 1 399 0141, ☎+36 30 682 0584)
- Central Bistro (Központ Bisztró), IV. Szent István tér 1. (: Újpest-Központ 400m), ☎ +36 20 912 7596. M-F 12:00-22:00, Sa-Su 12:00-24:00.
- Csupa Csibe Chicken (Csupa Csibe Csirke-Falatozó), IV. Árpád út 98. (: Újpest-Központ 300m East), ☎ +36 70 645 8085. M-F 10-17. Delivery Frieds HUF220-350 per 100 gr..
- Pozsony tavern (Pozsonyi kisvendéglő), XIII. Radnóti Miklós utca 38 (near Margaret bridge, corner of Pozsonyi út and Radnóti utca, tram: 2, 4 or 6), ☎ +36 1 7874877. 10:00-24:00. Traditional Hungarian cuisine, cosy atmosphere - friendly staff, cheap and excellent menu. It's only a 15 minute walk from the Parliament. Only a few steps from Kiskakukk Restaurant (s. there). Beware: Large portions, only very hungry people can eat two courses here. €3-6.
- Fanyűvő (Fanyűvő Étterem), XIII. Váci út 70 (: Dózsa György út 100 m), ☎ +36 1 7828450, +36 70 4528877, +36 70 4528883, +36 70 4528910, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 11.00-24.00. Soups / starters HUF 450-800 / 1000-1600; light meals HUF1000-1100, salad / beef dishes HUF1200-1400 / 1800-2300; pork / poultry dishes HUF1200-1800 / 1200-1600, pastas / garnish / desserts HUF1000-1500 / 400-700 / 600-650.
- Firkász Cafe-Restaurant (Firkász Kávéház Étterem), XIII. Tátra utca 18 (: Nyugati tér), ☎ +36 1 450 1118, e-mail: email@example.com. Daily 12.00-23.00. Small and cosy with great atmosphere (including walls cutely decorated with objects associated with the newspaper trade) and excellent Hungarian food and wine.- entrees €5-11, Soups €3-7, Hungarian mains €11-20, menu €26, International dishes & Specialties €10-20, Firkász dish for two: €38, Garnishes €2, Salads €3-6, Desserts €4-5. All prices include sercice charge! (2014).
- Kiskakukk, XIII. Pozsonyi út 12, next to Margaret bridge, between Katona Jozsef and Radnoti Miklos streets (tram: 4, 6 to Margaret Bridge (Pest)), ☎ +36 1 4500-829. Traditional Hungarian cuisine, wonderful ambience - very friendly staff, excellent menu, good English spoken, wireless internet. Warm old bookshop/library feel but patrons of all ages - highly recommended. It is only 2 minute walk from the eastern end of Margaret Bridge. Stuffed cabbage excellent as were the meat dishes. Large portions HUF 7000 for 2 courses including beer and good house wine.
- Trofea, XIII. Visegrádi u. 50A (: Lehel tér). - reasonable buffet, - all you can eat and drink (beer, wine, champagne). More units: at the final station of Metro line 1 (Erzsébet királyné út 5); in the XIth district (Hauszmann Alajos / Szerémi út).(flagship outlet). €18 on the weekends, lower prices during the week.
- Pozsonyi Pub (Pozsonyi Söröző), XIII. Pozsonyi út 48 (Trolley 75 to stop Ipoly utca), ☎ +36 1 2393510. Different type of beers.
- Stég Pub, Margitsziget, Sirály Csónakház (Next to Green Hostel), ☎ +36 30 5877079, +36 30 4497290. Daily 12:00-24:00. Programs. soft drinks (2dl) HUF310, bottled wines (0.75l) HUF1900-4000, flowing wines (1dl) HUF270, drafted / bottled beers 0.5 l HUF500-700/550, spirits, cognacs, rums, vodkas, whiskies, vermouths (4cl) HUF600-1600, cocktails a dozen types (1-4cl) HUF1050, coffees a dozen types HUF320-700.
- Green Island Hostel, Margitsziget, Pesti rakpart, (City boat D11 line to pier 'Margitsziget, Centenáriumi emlékmű' and walk to north two mins), ☎ +36 20 4359590, +36 70 774-6688, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. One twelve beds dorm /ensuit, one ten beds dorm/ensuit, one eight beds dorrm/ensuit three four beds private or dorm as u recommend/all ensuit one double ensuit one twin ensuit. Full capacity up to 44-46 people. Bunk beds are in the dorm rooms, single and bunk beds mix in the private rooms. Bike rental. Dorms HUF3300-7720 p.p., dbl / quad 12600 / 18900 per room.
- Fortuna Youth Hostel and Restaurant on a boat (Fortuna Ifjúsági Szállás, Fortuna Szálloda és Étteremhajó), XIII. Szent István Park, Alsó Rakpart (Tram 2, 4, 6 to Jászai Mari tér 500 m , D11 and D12 boat lines to pier Jászai Mari tér (Margit híd) 300 m). Check-in: 10:00, check-out: 15:00. Optional Half-Board / Full-Board: HUF2200 / 4500 per person. - Guarded Parking Lot (400 m far from the hotel): HUF150 per hour, but max. 17000 a month. Parking fees (on the lower quay in front of the hotel): Monday-Friday between 08:00 and 18:00: HUF160 per hour or HUF 480 per day, weekdays between 18:00 and 08:00 and weekends: free. Sgl / dbl / tpl HUF9.000 / 12.000 / 18.000 (mid Apr- beg. Nov).
- Plaza Aparthostel Budapest, XIII. Faludi utca 22. (: Gyöngyösi utca plus walk ten mins), ☎ +36 20 3447344. Three rooms Economy Single / Standard double HUF5000/ 6000.
- 2night Hostel, XIII., Szt. Istvan krt, 22, Just press ’96′ (: Nyugati pályaudvar, or Direct train access from airport Terminal 1), ☎ +36 30 3887116. Big rooms, no bunk beds, free breakfast, free Internet. Formerly known as 2night Home or 2night Privates hostel. Offers spacey double rooms and dorms. 4, 6 bed or dbl. (off season) €11, €10, €16; - 4, 6 bed or dbl.: €15, €13, €22 per person.
- Terminus Hotel (Terminus Turistaszálló), XIII. Csavargyár u. 1/3. (: Gyöngyösi út), ☎ +36 1 350-1728, +36 1 236-0458, fax: +36 1 236-0462, e-mail: email@example.com. Capacity: 60 persons. : Coffee, soda vending machine, enclosed courtyard . Limited parking for cars, 24-Hour Front Desk. 4-bed rooms from 2500 p.p..
- Aventura Boutique Hostel, XIII. Visegrádi str.12; Door bell:5 (: Nyugati pályaudvar), ☎ +36 1 239-0782, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-out: flexible?. Uniquely designed, intimate, cosy environment. From here most of the sites are within walking distance, otherwise metro and tram are a few minutes walk away. Very enthusiastic and helpful staff, clean and nicely decorated rooms, bathrooms and kitchen. Good breakfast and free internet. Dorm 5 bed €18, 6-8 bed €14, dbl. HUF15,000-18,000 (2014).
- Hotel Karin, IV. Fóti út 75 (: Újpest-Központ further bus), ☎ +36 1 3704731, fax: +36 1 2310146, 36 1 2310147, e-mail: email@example.com. Twenty a/c, dbl. rooms. Accept Budapest card sgl/dbl/tpl from €52/57/64.
- Victor Hotel, XIII. Victor Hugo utca 25-27, ☎ +36 1 239 7928, fax: +36-1-452-0575, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Services: Safe parking, Non-stop reception, Breakfast, Money Exchange, Laundry, Sightseeing and other programs, Rent a car, Internet, Fax, Pets allowed, Credit cards accepted High season (01st.APR -31thOCT) Sgl / dbl / tpl HUF13 500 / 16 500 / 19 500; off season HUF8700 / 10500 / 13500.
- Hotel Viktória, IV. Váci út 27-29 (regular boat services (D11 line) or : Újpest-Központ further bus 104, 104A to 'Károlyi István utca'), ☎ +361 785 9069, fax: +36 1 3797389, e-mail: email@example.com. Three star. sgl standard or superior €50 or 65; dbl 70 or 75 (from Apr to Sept).
- Adina Apartment Hotel Budapest, XIII. Hegedűs Gyula utca 52 (Bus 15, 115 to stop Gogol utca), ☎ +36 1 236 8888. Luxury apartments from €100.
- Danubius Health Spa Resort Helia (Hélia Hotel), XIII. Kárpát utca 62-64 (Take a boat D13 to pier Dráva utca, the Hotel is right there), ☎ +36 1 889 5800. Luxury hotel. From €120.
- Arany Horgony Pharmacy (Arany Horgony GYÓGYSZERTÁR), IV. Pozsonyi u. 19. (: Újpest-Központ and tram 12, 14 to 'Tél utca'), ☎ +36 1 389-4079. M-F 8:00-20:00, Sa 8:00-13:00. Újpest district signed Pharmacy for 24/7 'on duty'.
- Szent István Park Pharmacy (Szent István Park Gyógyszertár), XIII. Szent István park 26 (Trolley 75, 76 to stop Szent István park), ☎ +36 1 329 5276.
- Police Station District 13th (Budapest XIII. Kerületi Rendőrkapitányság), XIII. Szabolcs utca 36 (tram 14 to stop 'Dózsa György út'), ☎ +36 1 236 2800.