Brikama is city in Western Gambia and with a population of over 57,000 one of the largest in the Gambia.
Local attractions include the Makasutu Culture Forest.
- Brikama Woodcarvers' Market.
Brikama is known for wood carving and for its musicians.
Brikama is more a stopover and transportation hub and hardly any tourist stay overnight in town. However, there are still a few hotels and lodges available in town. The best room standards can be found outside of the centre of town.
- Domorr Deema Mini Hotel, ☎ +220 9903302. Also known as the Domorrdeema Guesthouse, on Mosque Road, Brikama. It has a restaurant, is kept tidy and neat, but has only 4 tiny rooms with fans and shared WC / shower room.
- Alla La Daaroo Guesthouse. Alla La Daaroo has 7 rooms with shared bathing facilities & is an eco-guest-house set in a large tropical nature garden near Brikama Village.
- Geedema Lodge. This is a 12 roomed accommodation in Fula Kunda Village which are all with ensuite shower rooms. They are roundhouse huts in African style. Live life in an African village environment.
- Marakissa River Camp. Just south of Brikama Town the camp has round huts with their own shower & toilet facilities, double beds. There is also a restaurant located on the river bank.
- Bojang Lodge, ☎ +220 9927828.