- For other places with the same name, see Brampton (disambiguation).
Toronto Pearson International Airport (IATA: YYZ) in Mississauga is located immediately to the south-east of Brampton. From the airport a limo costs $45, and takes about 30 minutes, all depending on traffic. GO Transit operates a Route 34 – Brampton/Pearson Airport/North York GO Bus; Brampton Transit runs Airport Express (route 115) buses from Pearson Airport to Bramalea City Centre.
By public transportation
Brampton is on the Georgetown GO Transit commuter rail line. There are three commuter stations in Brampton: Bramalea, which serves the eastern end of Brampton; Brampton station, which serves central Brampton; and Mount Pleasant, which serves the western end of Brampton. Mount Pleasant and Brampton stations are only served by trains during weekday rush hours, while Bramalea is served by trains all day on weekdays. The trip by train from Toronto Union Station takes 35 minutes and costs $6.
When the trains are not running, they are replaced by coaches following the same route, however these coaches generally run to and from Yorkdale and York Mills subway stations to the north of downtown Toronto instead of Union Station. Trains and buses run about every 20 minutes during rush hour and about every hour outside of rush hour.
Brampton station is also served by Via Rail intercity trains on the line from Toronto to Sarnia. Via runs 3 trains a day in each direction. These trains also serve Georgetown, Guelph, Kitchener and London among other places.
- Art Gallery of Peel, 9 Wellington St E, ☎ +1 905 791-4055. A municipally run art museum, part of the Peel Heritage Complex.
- Great War Flying Museum, 13691 McLaughlin Rd (at Brampton Airport). Late May-late Oct: Sa-Su and holidays 11AM-5PM. A small museum and a workshop with volunteers that make replicas of WW1 planes from scratch.
- World Art Gallery, Hwy 10 and Steeles Ave in Shoppers World. Featuring postcard-sized art from around the world, run by Visual Arts Brampton.
- Saint Elias Church, 10193 Heritage Rd (just north of Bovaird Dr), ☎ +1 905 459-8888, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A beautiful Ukrainian, catholic wooden church. Sadly burned in April 2014, expected to be rebuilt.
- Artway Gallery (Artway Exhibit Space), 499 Main St S (Corner of Hwy 10 and Steeles Ave), ☎ +1 905-453-9142. Mall hours, daily. Artway Gallery is the primary exhibit space for Visual Arts Brampton members. Every month, our exhibits at the space features the creativity of VAB members and other area artists. First created in April 1998, Artway opened in Shoppers World Brampton in June 2004. Free.
- Bovaird House, 563 Bovaird Dr E (at Kennedy Rd, southeast corner), ☎ +1 905 874-2804, e-mail: email@example.com. Historic house from ca 1852, now a museum Free (donations appreciated).
- The Rose Theater, 1 Theatre Ln, ☎ +1 905 874-2800.
- Brampton Flight Centre, 13691 McLaughlin Rd, ☎ +1 905 838-1400. Get a discovery flight lesson for $75 or a sightseeing flight for $180. The centre also have a restaurant: The Flying Pan.
- Wild Water Kingdom, 7855 Finch Ave W, ☎ +1 416-369-9453, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Jun–Aug: 10AM-6PM daily, some days 7PM. Water-based fun park. $32.
- Heart Lake Conservation Area, 10818 Heart Lake Rd. Great place to walk and hike. free.
- Bramalea City Centre, 25 Peel Centre Dr, ☎ +1 905-793-9417. M-F 10AM-9PM, Sa 9:30AM-9PM, Su 11AM-7PM.
- Trinity Common Mall, 130 Great Lakes Dr, ☎ +1 905-789-9734.
- Shoppers World Brampton, 499 Main St S (Bus 2 from downtown Brampton or bus 11 from Bramalea GO train station), ☎ +1 905 459-1337. M-F 10AM-9PM, Sa 9:30AM-6PM, Su 11AM-5PM. This large mall was once Canada's top selling mall. It is a large regional mall serving the Brampton area. It is easily accessible by transit with its own bus terminal. It is served by Brampton Transit, GO buses and Mississauga Transit.
You can find fast-food restaurants almost everywhere. Most of the better restaurants seem to be geared towards Italian food.
- Antica Osteria, 3088 Mayfield Rd, ☎ +1 905 495-5555, e-mail: email@example.com. M-F 11:30AM-close, Sa-Su 5PM-close. Real Italian food and great service $25 for mains.
- Hut Like Pepper, 18 Strathearn Dr (at Steeles Ave and Dixie Rd). Very affordable Guyanese-style Chinese food.
- Cristina's Bakery & Grill, 131 Main S N, ☎ +1 905-463-2091, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Th 7AM-8PM, F-Sa 7AM-10PM, Su 7AM-6PM. Great place for breakfast and Portuguese cakes as well as chicken and steaks for lunch and dinner
- Fanzorelli's, 50 Queen St W (downtown), ☎ +1 905-450-9752, e-mail: email@example.com. Good Italian food Entrees $20.
- The Keg, 70 Gillingham Dr, ☎ +1 905 456-3733. M-F 4PM-close, Sa-Su 3PM-close. Good steaks, but their salads and starters are also delicious. $30.
- Louisiana Seafood Kitchen and Oyster bar, 1 Steeles Ave E, ☎ +1 905-454-4460. M-Th 11:30AM-11PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-midnight, Su 11:30AM-10PM. Good food and good atmosphere. This a fun and lively place. On weekends, expect live music and dancing.
- Turtle Jacks, 20 Cottrelle Blvd (at Airport Rd), ☎ +1 905-595-0519, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11AM-1AM daily. Lively and fun place. $25.
- Terrace on The Green, 8672 Mississauga Rd, ☎ +1 905-459-4447. M-F noon-3PM and 5PM-10PM. One of the few fine dining restaurants in Brampton. Great food, friendly service and a nice view $35 entrees.
- Tracks Brewpub, Union St and Market Sq Blvd, ☎ +1 905 453-3063. Good beer and good simple food. There is a small outside patio away from any traffic noise, but as the name implies, it is next to the train tracks.
- Jake's Boathouse, 59 First Gulf Blvd, ☎ +1 905 451-9695, e-mail: email@example.com. M-Th 11:30AM-11PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-2AM. Fun place with live music on weekends.
- Best Western Brampton, 30 Clark Blvd, toll-free: +1-877-297-2239. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. $90+.
- Howard Johnson Express Inn, 226 Queen St E, ☎ +1 905-451-6000. $75+.
- Holiday Inn Select, 30 Peel Centre Dr, ☎ +1 905-792-9900. $95+.
- Fairfield Inn, 150 Westcreek Blvd, ☎ +1 905-874-7177. $140+..
If you want to work out, Goodlife Fitness and LA Fitness offer day passes for $15. If it is your first visit it might also be possible to sign up for a cheap or free trial on their websites.
A cheap and easy option is the community centres where you can just show up and pay the entry fee in cash.
- Cassie Campbell Community Centre, 1050 Sandalwood Pkwy W, ☎ +1 905-840-4041. $10 for fitness, $2.50 for swimming.
- Chinguacousy Wellness Centre (next to Brampton Civic Hospital). M-F 5:45AM-10PM, Sa 6:45AM-8PM, Su 7:45AM-8PM. $8.90 for fitness.
Brampton is a safe city, however be on your guard at night like in any other city. Muggings and assaults may happen.
|Routes through Brampton|
|Kitchener ← Georgetown ←||W E||→ Mississauga → Toronto|
|END ← Caledon ←||N S||→ Mississauga → Hamilton via|
|Kitchener ← Georgetown ← becomes ←||W E||→ becomes → Vaughan → Markham|
|Kitchener ← Georgetown ←||W E||→ Mississauga → Toronto|