Each townlet and village on the Brac island has its own dialect but many people speak English, German or Italian, especially if working in tourism.
- Ferries sail from Split to Supetar (50 min), and Makarska to Sumartin (30 min) – timetable. A catamaran (passengers only) runs from the island of Hvar to Bol.
- Bol Airport has seasonal and charter flights.
In almost every place, it is possible to rent cars, scooters also quads and bicycles to explore the island.
There are many sights on Brac.
- Recommend to visit Dragon's cave near village Murvica on the south side of island.
- Hermitage of Blaca, that can be reached from Vidova gora mountain or from the Blaca beach.
- Vidova gora mountain is the highest mountain of all Adriatic islands. It has a great view to the Zlatni Rat beach, place Bol and islands Hvar and Vis.
- Dominican monastery in Bol has a great collection prehistoric items, amphoras and numismatic collection.
- Museum of the island in the village Škrip.
Visit many pebble beaches and private coves, diving, kitesurfing and windsurfing in Bol.
Try Brac dishes of domestic lamb (vitalac) and famous Brac cheese.
Brac is famous for its wines, the most famous is Bolski Plavac. Spirits made of grapes with herbs.