Turn off I-5 at Exit 231, and drive west along Bow Hill Road to Bow.
Bow is a rural village; the best way round is by car or bicycle.
- Chuckanut Drive (State Route 11). 24 hours, 7 days. A scenic, winding road that follows the side of Chuckanut Mountain, along the water overlooking the San Juan Islands, through Larrabee Park, arriving in southern Bellingham in about 20 minutes. This route is also popular with cyclists (warning: narrow shoulders). It has been used frequently for national car commercials. Free.
- Larrabee State Park, 45 Chuckanut Dr, ☎ +1 360 902-8844. 6:30AM–dusk (summer), 8AM–dusk (winter). This wooded, scenic park covers the west flank of Chuckanut mountain, from campsites at the shore of Puget Sound, via extensive hiking and horse trails, to scenic mountaintop overlooks. There are plenty of roads and parking lots accessible to 2WD vehicles. A south- and west-facing vista near the top of Chuckanut mountain is a popular launch site for local paragliders. There are a couple of picnic sites. Free for you, but your vehicle requires a Discover Pass ($10/day, $30/year).
- Rhododendron Cafe, 5521 Chuckanut Dr, ☎ +1 360 766-6667. Lunch & Dinner, W-Su, 11:30AM-9PM; Sa-Su brunch 9AM. Closed M-Tu.. Features exquisitely prepared combinations of Northwest and ethnic food in a casual setting. Open for Reservations for parties of 5 or more only. Entrees $9-20; complete meals with wine and tax $30-40 per person..
- Edison to the west on Bow Hill Road
- Bellingham to the north via Chuckanut Drive
- Burlington to the south