- Pulhams Coaches 801 service: Moreton-in-Marsh–Stow-on-the-Wold–Bourton-on-the-Water–Northleach–Cheltenham (Timetable)
Driving from Cirencester, just follow the A429 North, you'll pass signs saying you've entered the village. From the North, just follow the A429 South. Follow signs to the large car park at the edge of the village. There is a footpath from the car park to the main street.
On foot is fine.
Bourton is quite attractive as a family destination. The river Windrush flows through the village, next to the main street. In the charming centre you'll find a lot of attractions, a.o.:
- model village. a miniature version of Bourton (with also a miniature of the miniature of the ...)
- Birdland Park.
- Dragonfly Maze (between the car park en the Birdland).
- Cotswold Motor Museum.
Shop in the small shops.
A couple of pubs do food and drink
- The Duke of Wellington, Sherbourne Street (From the centre of town, head up Sherbourne Street, next to river. After 100 yards the pub will appear on your right, over a bridge.), ☎ +44 1451 820539. Mediocre pub, serves food from 12 til 2:30 and in the evening.
- Alderley Guest house, Rissington Road.