Boppard is in the Middle Rhine Valley.
A know settlement from Celtic times and was an important strategic site for the Romans. Is now a major tourist town in the Rhine valley.
Less than 10 kn from the A60 along a twisting steep road or along the B9 following the left bank of the Rhine.
Cruise companies such as Viking stop in the town.
- The old town and market place.
- The town wall. Includes defences dating back to Roman times
- Basilika St. Severus. Catholic Parish Church with parts dating back to the 12th and 13th century
- Kurfürstliche Burg, ☎ +49 6742 10369. City museum
- Chair lift (Sesselbahn), Mühltal 12, ☎ +49 6742 2510. Easier way up the hill to the Vierseenblick, a view of the river that due to the hill the meandering Rhine appear to look like 4 small lakes.
- Walk part of the Rheinburgenweg.
Some bottle of the local wines.
There is a large choice of restaurants in the old town and along the promenade.
- Historischer Karmeliterhof, Karmeliterstraße 1, ☎ +49 6742 4848. Good food and service with tables on the promenade as well inside.
- Römerburg Weinhaus und Restaurant, Burgplatz 3, ☎ +49 6742 82353.
- Wirtshaus Anders, Mühltal 6, ☎ +49 6742 896754. Classic German as well as vegetarian dishes
- Imbiss am Mühlbach, Koblenzer Str. 235 (On the north end of town just past the large car/bus parking.), ☎ +49 6742 5585. Classic German Imbiss, with good schnitzel, frikadela and fries. Seeing and parking outside, friendly service.
There are apply opportunities to sample a glass of local wine.
There is a large choice of hotels and holiday rentals in the area.
- Pension Schinderhannes & Julchen, Seminarstraße 9, ☎ +49 6742 3173.
- Bellevue Rheinhotel (Best Western Premium), Rheinallee 41, ☎ +49 6742 1020.