Bojnice is a small town (of population only about 5000) in central Slovakia, adjacent to the city of Prievidza. This town is a favourite tourist destination for many Slovaks.
Bojnice is almost a suburb of the nearby Prievidza city. There is an urban mass transportation service that is connected with Prievidza.
- On foot - it's small.
- Visit the oldest ZOO in Slovakia.
- See the castle with its museum.
- Enjoy the oldest thermal spa in Slovakia.
- Visit The museum of prehistoric Slovakia - a cave from Neanderthal times with archeologist's finds.
- Bojnice Spa The basis if the curative treatment procedures in Bojnice Spa is the natural, curative, hydrogen-carbon-sulphate, calcic-magnesium hypotonic acrothermal water with the temperature ranging from 28 to 52 ºC . It springs from 9 wells with the spring-descharge if 40 litres per a second from the depth of 1200-1500 metres. The acrothermal water improves metabolism and immunologic reactions in cells, function of issues, thei oxygen supply and herewith the general health sate. The curative water effects positicely the autonomic nervous system, in particular its parasymphatetic part.
- U Palfiho restaurant
- Square restaurant
- Dobrá víla restaurant
- Muzika restaurant
- Visit the tea room restaurant for your tea and dessert.
- There are many places where you can enjoy your coffee or get some refreshment.
- There are lots of hotels available. Two of the best hotels are Kaskáda**** and Hotel pod Zamkom. These are just in the centre of Bojnice city.