Boardman is part of Morrow County and is located along the Columbia River and Interstate 84. You will find it by traveling east on Interstate 84 from Portland.
Interstate 84 literally splits the town of Boardman. It is accessible from either direction (east or west). The main mode of transportation is by car/truck. Leisure transportation can include horseback riding or even atv's. The union pacific railroad runst just along the outskirts of the town however, there is not a bus station. However, there is a bus stop located in the heart of the town for anyone who would like to travel that way. Boardman has a regional airport which does not include commercial flights.
The Boardman Marina Park is perhaps the largest attraction that the town of Boardman has to offer. It is located along the Columbia River and individuals have the opportunity to camp along the waters of the Columbia and enjoy beautiful sunsets. During the summer these waters are full of life. It is not uncommon to see many individuals participating in things such as boating, jet skiing or wakeboarding. Also, Boarman hosts a couple fishing tournaments every year so it is apparent that fishing is one of the more plentiful events that takes place in this area.
For individuals who would rather stay on dry land, there are other forms of entertainment that are available. There are many paved walking and biking trails located along the river's edge. Also, there is a playground area for those who bring their children as well as a specified swimming area.
As far as recreational games are concerned, there are 2 softball fields, a basketball court and several horseshoe pits. Boardman is probably most known for it annual Fourth of July festivities. Individuals from many surrounding towns come to join the festivities. The day usually starts with an early morning marathon, continues with a parade and eventually ends with a beautiful firework show. There are many other activities that take place throughout the day as well. The most entertaining of these events would probably have to either be the lip sync contest or the annual softball tournament in which the winner receives a rather impressive trophy.
For those who are looking for things to do that are not related to the Park, the Boardman Willow Run golf course is a great place to relax on a nice sunny day. Also, with so much wildlife area surrounding it, Boardman is a great place to go on horseback rides.
- C & D Drive In and Bakery, 101 Northeast Boardman Ave, ☎ +1 541 481-6177.
- Poppy's Take & Bake Pizza, 101 Northeast Boardman Ave, ☎ +1 541 481-3399.
- Macario's, 302 Olson Rd, ☎ +1 541 481-2028. Mexican.
- Taqueria Apatzingan, ☎ +1 541 481-3120.
- Lynard's Spud Cellar, 102 Northwest Boardman Ave, ☎ +1 541 481-4855.
- Boardman Parks & Recreation District, 203 Marine Dr, ☎ +1 541 481-7217.
- Dodge City Inn, 100 1st Northwest, ☎ +1 541 481-2441. Also has a bar and restaurant.
- Driftwood Rv Resort & Campground, 800 West Kunze Ln, ☎ +1 541 481-2262.
- Rodeway Inn, 105 Front St, ☎ +1 541 481-2375.
- M J's Motel, 302 Northwest Boardman Ave, ☎ +1 541 481-3723.
- River Lodge and Grill, 6 Marine Dr, toll-free: +1-888-988-2009. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. A full-service hotel on the Columbia River and features spacious accommodations, an on-site restaurant and ample amenities.
- Riverview Motel, 200 Front Northeast, ☎ +1 541 481-2775.
|Routes through Boardman|
|The Dalles ← Jct N S ←||W E||→ Hermiston → Boise|