- Karlskrona, county seat and home port of the Swedish Navy.
- Sölvesborg, home to Sweden Rock festival.
Just as the neighbouring Scania, Blekinge was part of Denmark, though ceded to Sweden in the Roskilde treaty of 1658. In 1680, the Swedish navy built a base at Karlskrona, soon making the city Sweden's third largest.
- By plane
- Ronneby airport, flights from Stockholm
- Copenhagen airport, plus train
- By train
- Öresundståg - Trains from Copenhagen, stopping at Malmö, Lund, Kristianstad, Ronneby ending in Karlskrona.
- SJ - Trains from Gothenburg. They stop in Alvesta, where there is connection from Stockholm. Train change in Emmaboda.
Resrobot is a search engine for all public transport inside Sweden.
- By bus
- The archipelago.