Pictured are the Settles Hotel of Big Spring, which was renovated in 2012, and an abandoned row of buildings downtown, which were not.
Big Spring is a city on the Edwards Plateau in Texas.
- Big Spring State Park.
- Hangar 25 Air Museum, 1911 Apron Dr, ☎ +1 432 264-1999. Big Spring Bombadier School during WWII, and then later incorporated as part of Webb Air Force Base, the hangar now holds a museum which showcases military history in the area.
- Heritage Museum of Big Spring, 510 Scurry St, ☎ +1 432 267-8255. History museum focusing on early pioneer life, railroad history, and oil production in the area.
- Potton House, 200 N Gregg St, ☎ +1 432 263-0511. Restored Victorian home built in 1901 which showcases turn of the century home furnishings.
- La Posada Restaurant, 206 NW 4th St, ☎ +1 432 267-9112.
- Spanish Inn Restaurant, 200 NW 3rd St, ☎ +1 432 267-9340.
- Brenda's, 3rd St. Burgers, chicken fried steak, all-u-can-eat fried shrimp and catfish on Fridays, BBQ and more. Very reasonable.
- Big John's BBQ, 3rd St. Little hole in the wall BBQ place. Been around forever and is very good!
- Lake Moss Creek, about 10 miles south of town. Fishing, birding, swimming, and boating spot. Camping available.
|Routes through Big Spring|