The city is connected to Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Surat and Vadodara and some major cities of Saurashtra by rail road.
Bhavnagar Terminus/BVC Railway Station Rail InfoBhavnagar Terminus. is the main railway station
Most people in Gujarat travel by private buses (these are excellent modes of transport as the roads are among the best in India. Intracity bus service is operated by VTCOS
The state owned bus stand. is in Panwadi area
Local transportation is not that great. Hiring a taxi is the most convenient way. Rikshaw, Bicycle, Motor cycle, Private auto is other mode of transport within the city and nearby villages.
- Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Waghawadi Road, Aksharvadi, ☎ +91 278 256 1600, +91 278 256 2600. It was builted recently, but don't miss to visit.
- Takhteswar Temple. White marble temple built on hill, gives Aerial View of City. Crafting work on marble stone is pretty good.
- Some traffic circles (road roundabouts) which have small gardens or park in the middle i.e. Crescent Circle, Ghogha Circle, Mahila Collage Circle.
- Adhyatmik Sadhana Kendra, Umarala Town. Spiritual Study Center where more than 500 true seeker are doing their sadhana.
- Play Chopat with the locals. The people of Bhavnagar are some of the friendliest in India. Mixing with them will be a memorable experience. Look for people playing Cross and Circle game in public places. You can join them and make friends for a lifetime. Chopat is also called Aman Chache and it is a variation of the dice game in Indian epics.
- South Indian Food - Udipi Restaurant
- Panjabi Food - Saffron
- Lachoo na Pav Gathiya - You should absolutely not miss this one. It is a local specialty that has a huge following even on Facebook. If you visit Bhavnagar, definitely give it a try.
- Gujrati Thali - it is as good as anywhere in Gujarat.
- Fafadiya Ganthiya is much famous, having special test. You can't find anywhere else, even in the rest of Gujarat also.
Hot spicy -Tikha Ganthiya with temrine IMALI chatani dipped in with pav (Bread Slices).
- Handiyavad is the famous place for the non vegetarian where non veg items are served Muslim style. The place is within a city. One more place to hang out for food is Talaon(Well).
One has to eat the ganthiya at Bacchu's in Ghogha circle.
- Tulsi Restaurant, Kalubha Rd, Kalanala Chowk, ☎ +91 278 300 4942.
In Winter - Special hot milk shake. Mostly available near Ghogha Circle. It is believed to be good for health also.
Lassi - Sweet Buttermilk, is also available in different area with different test.
Hard drink is not permitted to consume in the Gujarat. You can get some fruit beers here. Nearest place is Div for Drinking lover people.
A 1 hotel & Yadgar Hotel is the best non veg foods serviced in Handiyavad area.
- Hotel Swagat, Kesharinandan complex, Bhidbhanjan chowk,, ☎ +91 278 243 3474, +91 278 2433444, +91 278-2431491, +91 278-2430325, +91 278-2430329.
- Shital Guest House, Mali No Tekro, Amba Chowk, ☎ +91 278 242 8360.
- The Hotel Mini (Railway Station Road Mahuva,), ☎ +91 278 251 2915, +91 98252 09209. Check-out: 24 hours.
- Hotel White Rose, Opp. Vithalwadi, Neelambaug, Bhavnagar, ☎ +91 278-2514022, +91 278 2412441-42, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: after 12.00 Noon, check-out: 12.00 Noon. From ₹800 To ₹1100.
- Bluehill Hotel, Opp Pill Garden, Bhavnagar, ☎ +91 278-2426951, +91 278-2426952, +91 278-2426954, +91 278-2426297. Check-in: 12 NOON, check-out: 10 NOON. From ₹1000 to ₹3000.
- Hotel Apollo, Station Rd, Sutarwad, Panwadi (opposite the bus stand), ☎ +91 278-2425251, +91 278 2425252. Check-out: 12.00 Noon. ₹500 To ₹1200.
- Hotel Sun 'n' Shine, S.T. Station Road, Panwadi, Bhavnagar 364001, ☎ +91 278 251 6131, +91 278 251 6134. Check-in: 12 NOON, check-out: 10 NOON. ₹1600 to ₹3000.
- Nilambag Palace Hotel, Nilambagh, Bhavnagar, Gujarat-364001, ☎ +91 278-2432295, +91 278-2424241, +91 278-2429323, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: after 12 NOON, check-out: 12 NOON. The residence of the Maharajas of Bhavnagar, is now a heritage palace hotel. From ₹1500 to ₹4000.
Again - the best modes are private buses or airlines if you are traveling to Mumbai.
- Palitana — pilgrimage centre for Jains