- For other places with the same name, see Bentonville (disambiguation).
Bentonville is located in the Northwest region of the state. Most widely known as the home to the corporate headquarters of retail giant, Walmart, Bentonville was recently noted by Travel + Leisure magazine as one of the "Hottest Travel Destinations of 2012" .
Bentonville is a great, central starting place for day trips throughout the region, including Eureka Springs, Tulsa, Branson, the Buffalo River, and the Ozark Mountains. There is plenty to do and see while in Bentonville. Tourism is the area is booming, thanks to the corporate traveler during the week and families on the weekends. If you are looking for things to do while in town, visit the local Chamber of Commerce's website, or stop by the Bentonville Convention & Visitors Bureau, located on the Bentonville square.
Because the majority of the population are "transplants" from other areas of the country (moved here for business), people are open to visitors and very friendly. There is also an air of "southern hospitality."
There is excellent highway connections to Bentonville from Kansas City, Tulsa, or Little Rock. If driving in is not an option, fly directly into the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA). If airline ticket cost is a factor, consider flying into one of the international airports within a short driving distance, such as Tulsa or Kansas City.
- Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA). http://www.nwara.com
While there is an abundance of taxi services available in Bentonville, they are expensive. Rent a car if you are going to be in town more than a day. The city is easy to navigate and finding your way around is simple. There is also a bus company, Ozark Transit, that provides very limited transit options around the Bentonville-Rogers area.
There is a lot to see while in Bentonville. Here are some of the highlights:
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art 50,000-sq ft museum showcasing works valued in the multi-millions.
- Walton's 5 & 10 Museum/ Walmart Visitor Center
- Museum of Native American History
Among the dozens of fast food and national chain restaurants in Bentonville, there are also many excellent local restaurants to try.
- Table Mesa Bistro, 108 E Central Ave, ☎ +1 479-715-6706.
- Doe's Eat Place, 2806 S Walton Blvd, ☎ +1 479-254-8081.
- The River Grille, 2005 Beau Terre Dr, ☎ +1 479-271-4141.
- Fred's Hickory Inn, 1502 N Walton Blvd, ☎ +1 479-273-3303.
- Orlando's Place, 1100 SE 14th St, ☎ +1 479-271-0042.
- Petit Bistro, 2702 N Walton Blvd, ☎ +1 479-464-9278.
- Redbud Cafe, 609 SW 8th St, ☎ +1 479-876-8670.
- The Station Cafe, 111 N Main St, ☎ +1 479-273-0553.
- Tavola, 108 SE A St.
- Tusk & Trotter American Brasserie, 110 SE A St, ☎ +1 479-268-4494.
Bentonville does not have a bar/club scene (due to Bentonville being located in a dry county until November 2012), but there are many great places to have a drink. Here are some suggestions that have consistent good service and pricing:
- Executive Escape Lounge (located inside South Walton Suites on first floor), 1120 S Walton Blvd, ☎ +1 479-845-4600. Bentonville.
- The Vendor Club (located inside Simmons Suites on first floor), 3001 NE 11th St, ☎ +1 479-254-7800. Bentonville,
- Bentley's Irish Pub (formerly The Celtic Grill), 911 Southeast 28th Street, ☎ +1 479 876-8060. Bentonville,
There are diverse hotels in Bentonville, depending on the service quality and/or the amount you want to pay. Midweek room rates are on the high end because of the corporate traveler demand. You will be able to find up to 50% or more off Bentonville hotel rooms on the weekends.
- Best Western Castlerock Bentonville Inn, 2307 SE Walton Blvd, ☎ +1 479 273-9727, fax: +1 479 273-1763.
- Courtyard Bentonville, ☎ +1 479 273-3333, fax: +1 479 273-3877. Beau Terre Office Park, 1001 McClain Rd.
- La Quinta SE Walton Blvd
- Motel 6 SE Walton Blvd
|Routes through Bentonville|
|Joplin ← Bella Vista ← ends ←||N S||→ Rogers → Fayetteville|