Bensalem is a city in Pennsylvania.
Bensalem, Pennsylvania is a residential suburb conveniently located next to the bustling metropolis of Philadelphia. It connects to the city at its northeastern point of the city. However, just because it's residential, don't assume that it's only houses and fast food chains. There are a few interesting gems nearby without even entering Philadelphia.
Bensalem is also a perfect place to stay if you want to avoid the hustle, bustle and high prices of the inner city. Buses and trains are available nearby, as well as an accessible car rental service.
- Philadelphia International Airport - Fly in from any other major airport. It is about a 30 Minute Drive from Philadelphia to Bensalem.
Getting around Bensalem and Northeast Philadelphia is a bit more difficult than Center City: there are no subways or local train systems throughout Bensalem.
However, there is a SEPTA trainstation located at 700 Station Avenue, Cornwells Heights, Pennsylvania 19020; which is nearby to Bristol Pike in the Bensalem Township area. Cornwell's Heights is one of the largest Park&Ride train facilities in the Philadelphia Area. The Trenton Line Regional Rail, the train which passes through Cornwell's Heights, takes you to all of the major stops in Philadelphia, within walking distance of many major attractions in the inner city. Taking the train is less stressful and cheaper than driving in the inner city.
However, if you choose to rent a car, there is more than one car rental facility in Bensalem.
2054 Street Road
Bensalem, PA 19020
+1 215 244-1713
1328 Street Road
Bensalem, PA 19020
+1 215 638-8155
Parx Casino is the only licensed casino in Bensalem, PA. It is a very large facility jam packed with various entertainments such as horse racing, poker, slots, table games, and even an arcade. There are numerous bars that serve up everything from fancy cocktails to the casual beer; and if it's a real meal you want, choose from Cafe Parx, Parx Grill, and everyone's favorite, Chickie's & Pete's.
The address is: 2999 Street Road Bensalem, PA 19020
Valet parking recommended. The parking lot is rather confusing.
Neshaminy State Park is located along the Delaware River in the lower Bucks County area, including Bensalem. Taking its name rom Neshaminy Creek, the park measures 339 acres and has multiple hiking trails to enjoy during the warm weather seasons. The picnic areas and swimming pools are the most popular park attractions. Great for relaxing and spending a quiet day. Father up the river is a marina, located in Croydon.
Located at 3401 State Rd. Bensalem, PA 19020
Neshaminy Mall features great restaurants, such as Manny Brown's and Cafe Rivera, as well as a general fast food court, offering dining for every type of mall shopper. There is a select AMC 24 screen theater, which shows latest releases as well as some independent films on occasion. There is a new Barnes and Nobels, which has a Starbuck's Cafe located inside to drink a relaxing cup of coffee and read.
Neshaminy Mall is open from 10AM-9PM Mon-Sat and 11AM-6PM on Sundays. Barnes and Nobles is open an additional hour on weekdays, and until 10 on Sundays.
- Carrabba's Italian Grill, 3210 Tillman Drive, ☎ +1 215-245-3555.
- Clubhouse Diner, 2495 Street Road, ☎ +1 215-639-4287. Open 24/7!
- Golden Corral, 1465 Street Road, ☎ +1 215-245-5301. Buffet dining!
- Friendly's Restaurant, 2639 Street Road, ☎ +1 215-244-1080. Good restaurant for families with children!
- Shogun Hibachi, 2080 Street Road, ☎ +1 215-633-0888. B50% off dine in sushi menu.
- Sakura Japanese Restaurant, 1973 Street Rd, ☎ +1 215-639-9988. Dine in or take out.
- Tin-Chue Chinese & Vietnamese, 2066 Street Rd, ☎ +1 215-245-8822. Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine.
- Indian Hut, 1967 Street Road, ☎ +1 215-638-2200. Dine in cuisine and bakery.
- Mirch Masala, 2088 Street Road, ☎ +1 215-633-9141.
- Tijuana Flats, 2814 Street Road, ☎ +1 215-639-5418. Taco Tuesdaze $4.99 for two tacos, chips, and a drink!
- Redhouse Bagels, 1542 Bristol Pike, ☎ +1 215-244-0776. Best bagels in Bensalem!
- The Stadium Bar&Grille, 971 Bristol Pike, ☎ +1 215-638-1772. A casual bar and grill dedicated to Philadelphia sports teams. Love sports? It's the place for you! Free buffet on Friday nights, and live musical performances on Saturdays!
- Hampton Inn Philadelphia-Northeast/Bensalem, 1329 Bristol Pike, Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA 19020, ☎ +1 215-245-5222, fax: +1 215-245-1314.
- Holiday Inn Philadelphia, 3499 Street Rd, ☎ +1 215 638-1500. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Free Wi-Fi access, 24-hour business center and flexible meeting rooms. Game room, kiddie pool and sparkling outdoor pool.
- Inn of the Dove, 3901 Old Street Road
Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA 19020, ☎ +1 215-638-3683. Especially for couples looking for a getaway. Indoor heated pool, free parking, gift shop, Wi-Fi access, and Wakeup calls available.
|Routes through Bensalem|
|Lancaster ← Philadelphia ←||W E||→ Trenton → New York City|
|Baltimore ← Philadelphia ←||SW NE||→ Trenton → New York City|
|New York City ← Bristol ←||N S||→ Philadelphia → Baltimore|
|Harrisburg ← Willow Grove ←||W E||→ Bristol → Ends at|
|Ends at ← Bristol ←||N S||→ Philadelphia → Wilmington|
|END ← Philadelphia ←||SW NE||→ Bristol → Trenton|
|Philadelphia ← Abington Township ← Philadelphia ←||SW NE||→ Langhorne → Ewing|