Beach (North Dakota)
Beach is a town in the Badlands area of North Dakota. It is named for Capt. Warren Beach, who accompanied the railroad expedition in 1873. It is located off I-94.
- By car: via Interstate 94 to the western extreme of the state (exit 1).
- By plane: Beach Airport.
- Golden Valley County Museum, 186 First Ave. SE, ☎ +1 701 872-3908, +1 701 872-3836. Open April-Labor Day, 10AM-4PM. Dioramas of country bedroom, kitchen, parlor, NP Railroad depot, American Indian artifacts, horse-drawn hearse, fire engine, tractors and machinery.
- Prairie Fire Pottery, 127 East Main St, ☎ +1 701 872-3855, toll-free: +1-888-229-9496. Studio and showroom. Original stoneware, spectacular glaze colors, and terracotta tiles featuring wildlife tracks. Open daily during the summer months from 8AM-6PM, closed on Sundays during the off season.
- Fishing. Buffalo Gap Dam, 2 miles southeast of Buffalo Gap (I94 exit 18) for trout, largemouth bass, and bluegill. Camels Hump Dam, immediately northeast of Sentinel Butte (I94 exit 10) for trout, bluegill, and largemouth bass. Odland Dam, 7 miles north of Beach for pike, perch, and bluegill.
- Hunting: prime area for mule deer. See map.
- American Legion Club, 281 East Main, ☎ +1 701 872-4362.
- The Backyard Bar, 21 Main St, ☎ +1 701 872-4967.
- Crazy Charley's Restaurant, 112 4TH St NW, ☎ +1 701 872-3000.
- Dairy Queen, 18 4th St NW, ☎ +1 701 872-4343.
- Flying J Restaurant (I-94 Interchange), ☎ +1 701 872-4737.
- Hot Stuff Pizza (I-94 & Hwy 16), ☎ +1 701 872-3190.